Santa's got a new ride!

George,

I am glad that you came back with another Holiday post/Pic and have decided to bring Santa to us!  This kind of stuff is appreciated since it shows a unique area of aviation that most of us don't see.  My daughter and I thank you for sharing!  Is their more to the story?  Was the sleigh in for repairs or are the elfs just resting for the big day so Santa had to use his back-up transportation?  What's the story?

MERRY CHRISTMAS GEORGE!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM THAT IS FULL OF GREAT PEOPLE AND AWSOME PILOTS!

Santa Claus, like all pilots, gets regular visits from the Federal Aviation Administration, and the FAA examiner arrived last week for the pre-Christmas flight check.

In preparation, Santa had the elves wash the sled and bathe all the reindeer. Santa got his logbook out and made sure all his paperwork was in order. He knew they would examine all his equipment and truly put Santa’s flying skills to the test…

The examiner walked slowly around the sled. He checked the reindeer harnesses, the landing gear, and Rudolph’s nose. He painstakingly reviewed Santa’s weight and balance calculations for the sled’s enormous payload.

Finally, they were ready for the checkride. Santa got in and fastened his seatbelt and shoulder harness and checked the compass. Then the examiner hopped in carrying, to Santa’s surprise, a shotgun.

“What’s that for?!?” asked Santa incredulously.

The examiner winked and said, “I’m not supposed to tell you this ahead of time,” as he leaned over to whisper in Santa’s ear, “but you’re gonna lose an engine on takeoff.”

Quote: GeorgePerry

I hope that's a joke?

If you want to talk about saving money, I'll pose this question to you..."How many times has the Air Force’s most expensive fighter in history, the F-22, deployed to support our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan over the last ten years?"  The answer is ZERO!!!  A multi-billion dollar program who's aircraft may be dominant but are completely irrelevant.   

Quote: DaV8or

Yeah, whatever. The F-22 is the most badass fighter on the planet. The F-18 is work horse and gets the job done, but the F-22 makes other countries envious. Right now, we own the sky and it's just about dropping things on people and evading return fire. In the future, eventually, we will need advanced fighters to actually shoot down other fighters and by that time I hope we are still ahead and we have enough of them to make a difference.

Quote: GeorgePerry

Easy to say when your not one of the Soldiers on the ground in need of air support.  If you were, you'd wish the Air Force had spent their funds a bit more wisely and towards something that acutally supported the warfighter.

Ain't that the truth.  However, give me the A-10 for ground support anytime.  F-18's aren't bad either, but I'm all for the Warthog and Spooky (when they're around).... nothing like leveling a building with an AC-130 and the "mother of all guns"...

Merry Christmas to everyone and especially to all of my fellow comrades in arms wherever you may be.  Stay safe out there!

Brian

P.S.  The Air Force should still be the Army Air Corps!!!! But then they wouldn't be able to hack being in the middle of nowhere for months at a time.  Tongue out  We still haven't gotten over the divorce.