Let's Go Brandon, SHUT UP!

201er

On 11/10/2021 at 9:54 AM, Marauder said:

This thread sounds like it is headed to a Big Kate finale. You guys remember Big Kate, right? And her sister Big Anne? The two responsible for me needing a new tail gate shocks and leaf springs. It won’t be long before they show up and flatten this conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

arent big kate and big annie the ones responsible for little timmy being so little?

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Ibra said:

I probably know @Marauder Big Kate and her sister Big Anne, who t** f*** is Brandon?

PS: I don't follow US politics other than what I learn from scrolling MS :lol:

I sent you a PM explaining the origin. I dare not mention it in public otherwise find myself embroiled in another Big Kate moment.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ibra said:

I probably know @Marauder Big Kate and her sister Big Anne, who t** f*** is Brandon?

Brandon is a NASCAR driver. He has a lot of fans these days. His level of fame increased exponentially while being interviewed after he won a race. There was a chant about our president going on in the background that shouldn’t be broadcast. The interviewer paraphrased the chant as “Let’s Go Brandon”

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ibra said:

Brandon is probably the number one most talked about person... apparently so much that some people can't stop sharing their enthusiasm about him on guard. But, let's all be mindful that no matter how much enthusiasm you have about someone, anyone, Brandon or otherwise, just like 911, an emergency frequency is not the place to be professing it.

• Like 3

On 11/10/2021 at 12:54 PM, Marauder said:

This thread sounds like it is headed to a Big Kate finale. You guys remember Big Kate, right? And her sister Big Anne? The two responsible for me needing a new tail gate shocks and leaf springs. It won’t be long before they show up and flatten this conversation.

Let's be honest . @201er  crafted the title of his thread specifically to entice folks who are primed to express "Brandon"-related concerns that extend well beyond the need for a clear guard frequency. As the original provocateur, he deserves to be the first to be enveloped within the voluptuous folds of Kate and Anne's mammoth (yet still feminine) ass cheeks.  

Edited by DXB
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Pirep from returning to the line and a trip that spanned west coast, latin America, east coast, over the western Atlantic a bit, over the western Caribbean, and the Gulf of Mexico:

This is still predominantly in eastern continental U.S. phenomenon. And is pretty annoying. Had to violate the regs and turn off guard at times in order to maintain good communications with ATC and the other pilot.....

Edited by Immelman
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Immelman said:

Pirep from returning to the line and a trip that spanned west coast, latin America, east coast, over the western Atlantic a bit, over the western Caribbean, and the Gulf of Mexico:

This is still predominantly in eastern continental U.S. phenomenon. And is pretty annoying. Had to violate the regs and turn off guard at times in order to maintain good communications with ATC and the other pilot.....

+1 on the eastern US and having a few ATC calls blocked in 4 days of flying this week.

Wow, it must really be bad East off the Mississippi. We flew from Kansas to California and back in late October and I don’t think we ever flew more than thirty minutes without hearing someone abusing guard. We heard let’s go Brandon so much on that trip I had to Google it when we got home.

I found it rather annoying and unprofessional, but I never thought it impacted safety since it was always on an otherwise quiet frequency. I hadn’t considered the effect of pilots turning off guard to silence all the crap, but I see some validity in that assertion.

Edited by skydvrboy
  • Like 2

On 11/10/2021 at 11:54 AM, Marauder said:

Unleash the Kracken! 

I had a rather longish flight home from SC in Sunday, directly into the wind. Kept COM2 on Guard  except when using it to listen to weather ahead, or when the occasional talk interfered with hearing ATC. All that I noticed was Center trying to reach a non-responsive airliner, and a back-and-forth response to the hail from someone else. No idle chitchat, no chastisement of silly politicians, not much I anything. 

3 hours ago, Hank said:

I had a rather longish flight home from SC in Sunday, directly into the wind. Kept COM2 on Guard  except when using it to listen to weather ahead, or when the occasional talk interfered with hearing ATC. All that I noticed was Center trying to reach a non-responsive airliner, and a back-and-forth response to the hail from someone else. No idle chitchat, no chastisement of silly politicians, not much I anything. 

I flew from MD to CT and back on Saturday.  I did not monitor guard the whole time but during the time that I was on freq, I heard no non aviation related transmissions.

On 11/17/2021 at 4:27 PM, DXB said:

As the original provocateur, he deserves to be the first to be enveloped within the voluptuous folds of Kate and Anne's mammoth (yet still feminine) ass cheeks.  

You've heard of the Jaws of Life. Those are the Jaws of Death. If enveloping happens, be sure to have a portable ELT.

1 hour ago, Shadrach said:

I flew from MD to CT and back on Saturday.  I did not monitor guard the whole time but during the time that I was on freq, I heard no non aviation related transmissions.

Just announce that you're on downwind or talk about the seatbelt sign and you will get the warm northeastern welcome! :lol:

*Kidding, don't actually transmit on guard unless necessary.