Paint Scheme Profile "J" Model

WAFI

Ya, I'm familiar with that one. I'm looking more for a CAD drawing. 

They don’t need to be that accurate. I sketched my scheme on above and supplemented with pictures that I used as models and detail description of key attributes like stripes width, referencing key position points. I then inspected the layout after it was taped.

4 hours ago, toto said:

Doesn’t Scheme Designers have an online tool where you can choose the airframe and then play with different design ideas?

(Kind of talking out my *** here, but I recall a bunch of different threads discussing similar.)

No, which isn’t surprising since that would make people less likely to pay Scheme Designers. (Unless there’s some hidden tool for customers…)

50 minutes ago, ZuluZulu said:

No, which isn’t surprising since that would make people less likely to pay Scheme Designers. (Unless there’s some hidden tool for customers…)

Interesting. I thought the whole idea was that you try out different ideas and then you buy some kind of “ready for painting” artwork when you find something you like. But I clearly have no idea what I’m talking about :)

28 minutes ago, toto said:

Interesting. I thought the whole idea was that you try out different ideas and then you buy some kind of “ready for painting” artwork when you find something you like. But I clearly have no idea what I’m talking about :)

As the name suggests, Scheme Designers ARE the designers. You’re supposed to pay them to try out ideas, i.e., go through the design process. They do a lot more than just printing out your design so it looks nice for the paint shop. With that said, they do have a gallery of past designs on their site; perhaps that’s what you’re thinking of. 

15 hours ago, toto said:

Doesn’t Scheme Designers have an online tool where you can choose the airframe and then play with different design ideas?

(Kind of talking out my *** here, but I recall a bunch of different threads discussing similar.)

Scheme is around $1200 to get started with their design team. I'm pretty sure they don't let you play with the program. 

I know what design I want, I just want to play around with different colors combinations. Ideally would like something I can print out and color in with markers or sketch I can play around with in photoshop. Not that I know how to work photoshop... LOL! 

I want to create something like this on my own-- 

Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 10.28.15 AM.png

• Like 5

Photoshop is the perfect tool for that…

Even if it is free…. it may have a learning curve that may take a lot of effort…

Snoop around the photoshop site… see if they have any low cost trials….  Adobe is the owner of photoshop….

There may be some really simple tools available on the App Store for swapping out colors on a given drawing….  Something I used to do a decade ago while removing imperfections from pics….

Best regards,

-a-

6 hours ago, carusoam said:

Photoshop is the perfect tool for that…

Even if it is free…. it may have a learning curve that may take a lot of effort…

Snoop around the photoshop site… see if they have any low cost trials….  Adobe is the owner of photoshop….

There may be some really simple tools available on the App Store for swapping out colors on a given drawing….  Something I used to do a decade ago while removing imperfections from pics….

Best regards,

-a-

If you’re looking for advanced image editing capabilities for free, there’s always GIMP..

https://gimp.org

On 10/29/2021 at 5:29 PM, toto said:

A few years ago Mooney used to have a scheme design on their website so you could see how different schemes and colors looked. I remember playing around with that.

• Like 1