Extra Data Card?

Stetson20

I have a GNX 375 in my plane and the data card has expired on me more than once. I was thinking it would be convenient to have a 2nd data card, to keep in my flight bag, that I could update before heading to the airport.

I looked online and they're not cheap. 150 bucks or so. BUT, I was wondering if Garmin would support two data cards.

Anyone used this technique to keep their database(s) current?

Thanks!

I do this all the time.  I have multiple data cards.  I have a GNC 355 which is essentially the GNX 375 without the transponder.  For my GNC 355 I purchased a three pack of data cards from Amazon for $24.99.  They work just fine.  I even pulled one out of my DSLR camera when I needed it in a pinch to update the database and it work just fine as well.  From the user manual for the GNC 355/GNX 375:

FEATURE REQUIREMENTS • SD card in the FAT32 format, with memory capacity between 8 GB and 32 GB 

Maybe this will help.

• Like 3

It's just a standard SDHC card. They are only expensive if you buy them from Garmin ;). I believe the reason that Garmin says the max size is 32 GB is that this is the max size for the SDHC FAT32 cards. The larger SDXC cards are formatted exFAT and are not compatible.

Skip

• Like 1