Colorado Airport Directory

Marc_B

Thought I'd share this if others were interested.  Just learned that Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) puts out an airport directory for the state and offers copies for free as well as electronic copy downloaded from their website.  This has great information regarding flight training practice areas, mountain flying information, information regarding many of the mountain passes and local airport info.  I'd definitely check it out for anyone flying into CO.

https://www.codot.gov/programs/aeronautics

Marc.

CDOT Airport Directory.pdf

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marc_B said:

Thought I'd share this if others were interested.  Just learned that Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) puts out an airport directory for the state and offers copies for free as well as electronic copy downloaded from their website.  This has great information regarding flight training practice areas, mountain flying information, information regarding many of the mountain passes and local airport info.  I'd definitely check it out for anyone flying into CO.

https://www.codot.gov/programs/aeronautics

Marc.

CDOT Airport Directory.pdf 23.79 MB · 0 downloads

Been available for decades. Many states have them. 

Edited by midlifeflyer

NJ used to have a nice printed version of most of their airports…

It was a nice resource to know what the field looked like before getting there…

The internet kept them from making printed copies…. Foreflight probably crushed putting the info together…

What keeps the Colorado airport directory alive… Mountain flying details?

Best regards,

-a-