Midwest Mooney Fly-In

Rocket 305

There hasn't been a fly-in in the Midwest since @mike_elliott abandoned us for warmer weather. It is long overdue for getting together again. I created a club here, "Midwest Mooney Flyers." If you are within the Midwest states, please join.

I'm hoping to do this soon, perhaps November 13/14. There is a survey (external link) there asking what, where, when, how often, etc. for our event(s). Even if you can't make this one, please join the club and fill out the survey so we can plan.

I hope to see some old friends and meet some new ones!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, mike_elliott said:

Congrats again on passing your CFI checkride Michael. Anyone in the Chicago area that needs to have a flight review or want to just work on competency, get in touch with Mr. Baraz.

Thank you, Mike, for the congrats; and, thanks for the point-out. I am working on my instrument now. Amazing how much I thought I knew about instrument flying but still learning in the CFII coursework! It's been an intense effort but oh so rewarding!  

• Like 1

People don’t accidentally become Rocket owners…

There is a certain amount of extra drive for excellence that seems to attract these people towards the Rocket…

Excellence leads to success…

The Rocket is an interesting part of their MooneyLifestyle…

go RocketMen!

PP observations only, success is independent of your choice of plane…

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Excited to see this come together!  As a midwest Mooney owner, and someone who has given no less than a dozen Mooney transition checkouts this year, I'm excited for more of us to get together.  Let me know how I can help!  

-Kyle

• Like 1

They used to have one there, I have used it for training before, but this was back in 2004 or so. Alternatively, Eagle Creek was always a crowd favorite venue with Ricks Boatyard Cafe just across the street from the FBO. Glad to hear the cafe is still open at Columbus. Moonlite BBQ in owensboro was also always well attended.

On 10/18/2021 at 9:33 AM, carusoam said:

People don’t accidentally become Rocket owners…

There is a certain amount of extra drive for excellence that seems to attract these people towards the Rocket…

Excellence leads to success…

The Rocket is an interesting part of their MooneyLifestyle…

go RocketMen!

PP observations only, success is independent of your choice of plane…

Best regards,

-a-

I dunno bout excellence...  I just want to go fast!

I woudl love it if we had a dedicated rocket forum... Id like to know how some of these high time rocket guys drive... ive been experimenting myself but it would be great to know the tricks of others.

• Like 1