engine monitoring repeater on iPad

Jim Peace

Asking for a friend who is upgrading a C-177.

with the big three manufactures do any of them have the ability to repeat their engine monitor onto a iPad in flight?

Just trying to lay out a panel with the engine monitor on the main PFD and what if solutions if the screen dies.  Can you have it repeat on an iPad.  I know some of the lower end experimental set ups can do that.  

4 minutes ago, Jim Peace said:

with the big three manufactures do any of them have the ability to repeat their engine monitor onto a iPad in flight?

Just trying to lay out a panel with the engine monitor on the main PFD and what if solutions if the screen dies.  Can you have it repeat on an iPad.  I know some of the lower end experimental set ups can do that.  

At least for the MVP-50---No.

8 minutes ago, PT20J said:

Garmin EIS will display on Garmin Pilot.

okay....but will that system also display on the G3X?  he wants a G3X screen and the ability to see the engine stuff also on an iPad if needed, for instance if just the screen fails..

reading the description I dont think so but it may be an unadvertised feature

8 minutes ago, Jim Peace said:

okay....but will that system also display on the G3X?  he wants a G3X screen and the ability to see the engine stuff also on an iPad if needed...

reading the description I dont think so but it may be an unadvertised feature

The EIS has to display on the G3X GDU since it is a primary instrument.

It will also stream to Garmin Pilot via the G3X Bluetooth Connext link according to Garmin (I have not tried it): https://www.garmin.com/en-US/blog/aviation/teamx-adds-new-features-to-g3x-touch-and-g5-for-certified-aircraft/

Skip

14 minutes ago, PT20J said:

The EIS has to display on the G3X GDU since it is a primary instrument.

It will also stream to Garmin Pilot via the G3X Bluetooth Connext link according to Garmin (I have not tried it): https://www.garmin.com/en-US/blog/aviation/teamx-adds-new-features-to-g3x-touch-and-g5-for-certified-aircraft/

Skip

exactly what I was looking for....I am hoping he lets me spend his money on his panel...LOL

• Haha 1

On 10/15/2021 at 9:22 AM, Jim Peace said:

Yes, the JPI EDM800 or 900 series will send information to a Guardian 851 via a serial port, giving some redundancy and dat recording.

The factory owes me one, you can take my position in the queue.  About 1500, but comes with an iPad mount and a few accessories.  (USB power port).

Aerodon