Preferred Piss Vessel

201er

Piss Poll  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What is your preferred vessel to piss in while flying?

• Bottle
    • Bag
    • Little John
    • Piss Tube (Jose)
    • Depends
    • I land every time I need to tinkle
    • I don't fly far enough for it to be a concern

1 hour ago, Lance Link said:

Ok the Travel John, glad to know it works.  I carry a couple, never tested but I know the time will come soon enough.

Same here.   I keep some in the airplane, but haven't ever even tried them.   It's really not even an option with no autopilot and flying solo.  ;)

16 hours ago, Junkman said:

The link was already posted, but here's a picture of a Travel John, not to be confused with the hard plastic Little John. Super easy for a guy to use, and not difficult for my wife with a little repositioning in the seat. It has an absorbent gel packet inside and also a zip lock at the top. This is very similar to, and actually better than, what the military supplies to fighter pilots.

image.thumb.png.7f59c31046680f49634ecd261623dcdd.png

and the link, shamelessly copied from Richard's post - 

$3 a bag!? You guys with your Travel John’s are nuts. Aren’t you supposed to be Mooney pilots? Best known for efficiency and being frugal!?

$10, 56 pack, sits on the hat rack. Will last for years. Versatile. Use these for number 1, 2, or 3! Now there’s a bag you can put your meat in.

B25ED4FA-27AC-4202-B82C-B30C4F3F85A4.thumb.jpeg.7caffc424cc6b04a2984d356c9f90f04.jpeg

• Haha 3

On 10/12/2021 at 6:30 PM, A64Pilot said:

If you have to bad enough, you can pee in a coke can, trust me :)

One time I was flying this plane and I really had to go. This guy who owned this 172 was a photographer and there was a  35mm Canister floating around in the glovebox. I thought I could wait, and then there came a time when I realized I was not going to make it, so I fished out the canister,  flip the lid off took care of business, but then you have to pinch it because we’re talking about 2 ounces here and I had about 50 times that much left to go. And I had a bigger problem, is that I need to basically empty and refill this thing about 30 times to get it done, so I’m thinking about where I’m gonna dump this thing.  So I open up the side window, you guessed it when I threw it out going about 100 kn, it became like a piss tornado inside the airplane it was I don’t know how to describe it except for that was pretty horrible. 
OK one more story then I’m going to stop. We’re flying from Bozeman Montana back to DC, and the first leg was Bozeman to Some hobunk Airport outside of Sioux City Iowa with cheap gas. You know the whole flight went great, and then about 40 minutes out I felt pretty thirsty and I thought you know I’m almost there so I chugged a whole liter of water. Actually I think a liter and a half. Anyway, I was feeling good, flying high. Started on down and just about the time I  hit 10,000 feet it was that same feeling I had back in 1997 with the film canisters. Anyway, I was certain I could fight it off. I made a smooth landing and I taxiid back, but I had trouble getting out of the plane.  In fact i could not stand upright. I somehow managed to crawl out of the airplane on all fours and make like hell to the FBO bent over like some old man. And you know the closer you get the more painful it gets. I was not sure I was going to make it. When I got to the FBO , you know all of these FBO’s have a little sticker that says the four digit code is the CTAF frequency and I remembered that, 123.0.  But no, in  all these years of flying, this had to be the airport where it said that the frequency was the AWOS frequency….
I smugly reached in my pocket, to find that my phone is still in the freaking plane. Panic set in, NFW  I’m going to pull this off…Now I’m thinking I’m going to have to take care of business right here, but there is a house right next to the FBO and kids are playing in the yard. So that you know there’s no solution here. My existence on this earth has been reduced to this. To top it all off, this is the phone is underneath the pilot seat in left side of the airplane and I can’t bend up right and I can’t reach in the plane and I can’t crawl in the plane and I just feel like I’m going to curl up next to it and die. The struggle is real, I did manage to find myself back to the FBO, get inside by punching the keys with the determination of the damned,  and anyway after that I walked out like a sheriff of Jericho hill and continued on to DC. Even made it in the same day. If you think that there’s a learning curve and I got  some kind of apparatus like you guys are discussing you’re wrong. I just prefer to fly dehydrated but anyways I will never learn I guess. 

Edited by jetdriven
  • Haha 4

@Lance Link @EricJ @Skates97 and others using the Travel John, one word of caution - be sure to store them in a cool dry place or the gel powder can turn into a nonabsorbent solid if subjected to prolonged high temps over a number of months.

My hangar in St Louis would routinely get into the high 90’s during the summer and imagine my surprise when I finally had to go and pulled the TJ out of the map pocket and filled it up and then had a bag of liquid rather than gel. This was before they added the zip lock to the top of the bag. I managed to find a way to keep it from spilling but not optimal. I now keep a couple spares in my flight bag and inspect the ones I leave in the plane at least once a month. Hasn’t been a problem here in TN this year.

Oh, and @201er, I turned in my CB card a long time ago in deference to quality and convenience. Especially where Mama is concerned! :-) And as far as #2 in the airplane, three words for you - low residue diet.

Cheers,
Rick

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Junkman said:

And as far as #2 in the airplane, three words for you - low residue diet.

No shit. But think about it. If a really bad emergency hits and you're too high up or over mountains or water... what are all you guys with your travel johns, piss tubes, gatorade bottles, film canisters gonna do!? Think about the resale value of your airplane after someone dropped an unexpected number 2 in your plane because there was nowhere to make it go!

What about barf bags? Do you guys seriously not keep some ziplocks around just in case?

I was ferrying a Mooney from Herrera in downtown Santo Domingo to Cap-Haiten, Haiti.  It is a trip of less than an hour and I had a local passenger along who I had given the normal warning of go to the bathroom before we leave.   Oh NO I am ok he said. We were about 15 minutes before landing when he said "I have to go no. 2"  I said we will be on the  ground  in just a few minutes but he could nor wait.  He found a paper bag and hung his butt over the back of the rear seat.  In my life I have never smelled such a stink.  My face was totally framed in the vent window but that was not sufficient.  Upon landing at Cap-Haiten he wrapped it up and placed it into a trash can by the decrepit old fence.   I tried to avoid looking at the kids that normally hang around there looking for any discarded articles they can use. 

• Sad 2

ahhhh the memories…..

Mike,

You’re gonna love having two kids…

Everything can be a competition…

Who can…

Run faster, jump higher, fill the bag to the next highest level…

Having siblings as you do… must bring back memories…

It is so much better when their your kids, in your plane… :)

Best regards,

-a-

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...