Preferred Piss Vessel

201er

Piss Poll  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What is your preferred vessel to piss in while flying?

• Bottle
    • Bag
    • Little John
    • Piss Tube (Jose)
    • Depends
    • I land every time I need to tinkle
    • I don't fly far enough for it to be a concern

1 hour ago, Davidv said:

Little john (for ease of use) and then transfer to 64oz gatorade bottle when full.  The transfer method seems risky but I've never spilled a drop.  The little john alone could never do it for me on a 6 hr flight.

Same for me, although  I seldom have have to transfer! I find the simply lemonade bottles also very nice.  I dropped the cap on a full to the brim little john one time in a C425,  I had to have my boss hold the LJ level while I put my junk away and  searched under the seat. Funny we never discussed it 

• Haha 1

The link was already posted, but here's a picture of a Travel John, not to be confused with the hard plastic Little John. Super easy for a guy to use, and not difficult for my wife with a little repositioning in the seat. It has an absorbent gel packet inside and also a zip lock at the top. This is very similar to, and actually better than, what the military supplies to fighter pilots.

image.thumb.png.7f59c31046680f49634ecd261623dcdd.png

and the link, shamelessly copied from Richard's post - https://smile.amazon.com/Travel-John-Resealable-Disposable-Urinal/dp/B07Y5QSXQZ/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=travel+john&qid=1634058082&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExVDZBT09HVEJVUTJEJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNzEzMzA0M0lYNUNPODJGVzJBNiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNjA4ODM0MTZSU0JURVBFNk42VyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Cheers,
Rick

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ilovecornfields said:

You need wall suction for that one and a nurse to yell every five minutes “go ahead and pee!”

You mean like the suction pump attached to the engine?   you will need to supply your own nurse ratchet.

I had a student going on his long cross country. Bright lad, Cornell University EE degree. He was preflighting with a 64oz big gulp in hand. Said to him, "Bad idea". He arrived back home shirtless. He explained the 64oz debt came due. He took the empty drink cup and pee'd into it. Then he had to do something with the pee so he decided to overboard it, in a C-150. Yep, you guessed it.  He did not put it into a slip and it all came back in on him. He had to use his T-shirt to dry off. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Lance Link said:

Anyone ever try the gel bags?

That’s what we had in our survival vests in the Army, looked sort of like it had a yellowish sponge in it, but I think it was like a baby’s diaper in that it turned out a gel.

I used to keep a ziploc bag in my shoulder pocket of my flight suit, just come to a hover and toss it out to dispose of it.

I know littering.

10 hours ago, Shiny moose said:

Same for me, although  I seldom have have to transfer! I find the simply lemonade bottles also very nice.  I dropped the cap on a full to the brim little john one time in a C425,  I had to have my boss hold the LJ level while I put my junk away and  searched under the seat. Funny we never discussed it 

Losing the cap under the seat in the middle of a long flight is about the worst thing that can happen short of throwing a rod.