Preferred Piss Vessel

201er

Piss Poll  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What is your preferred vessel to piss in while flying?

• Bottle
    • Bag
    • Little John
    • Piss Tube (Jose)
    • Depends
    • I land every time I need to tinkle
    • I don't fly far enough for it to be a concern

I prefer the urinal in the FBO. But having been raised primarily on I-95, I don't have bladder issues. 

Then again, I also don't have fuel for your 10-12 hour flights, and I start getting restless much after 3 hours anyway. I've gone 4:45 twice, really needed to stand up, stretch and walk around!

9 minutes ago, AH-1 Cobra Pilot said:

The opening is not big enough.

You knew somebody would say that.

You are getting too excited about the whole process! Besides you just need to get the tinkle in there, not the whole thing. Perhaps a Mayonnaise jar would work for you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I recently moved away from my antifreeze jug and went this nice update of a classic hospital design - high capacity, wide neck, opaque (less ick factor), broad stable base (low spill potential).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VB6RNKX/ref=sspa_dk_detail_5?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07VB6RNKX&pd_rd_w=RYWwY&pf_rd_p=887084a2-5c34-4113-a4f8-b7947847c308&pd_rd_wg=hcwvT&pf_rd_r=50G4S648ESZ5VE3NM36G&pd_rd_r=ccfa325f-fec8-4915-acbb-1bd5c46a721e&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyUk9KOTNEREw1TEdFJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNzQzMzc2NUZGSUk4WFpVM0RBJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA0NDA1NzEzUE5JT01ZM0JKNjNBJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfZGV0YWlsJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

I did find this pilot relief tube-like design intriguing though when shopping:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085Y7C7M4/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B085Y7C7M4&pd_rd_w=VHAdm&pf_rd_p=887084a2-5c34-4113-a4f8-b7947847c308&pd_rd_wg=AdzXg&pf_rd_r=HJ9C6DEZYFEXBW6G6V4Y&pd_rd_r=bc140873-951f-41fc-ac88-4b8fe20deaa4&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExN0RYRU9XUFlSSEZBJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUExMDM2ODIxMzJDVEtONUhJTjFXMyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNzY4NzU4MTVJTldFRTZIODVOJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfZGV0YWlsJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

There's also one that serves all the possible combinations of biological sex, gender identity, pronoun preference, political ideology etc.:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08H8D87D8/ref=sspa_dk_hqp_detail_aax_0?psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyUk9KOTNEREw1TEdFJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwOTk5Njk3OVk5WENZWkQxSjlPJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAxNjg5MTFXVFBTQUo3S1BSTU4md2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9ocXBfc2hhcmVkJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

I have images in my Photo Album from back in 2013 for the same subject.  Quart Slider Zip-Lock bags with a Depends maximum pads.  The pads absorb the liquid and make it solid so it does not spill.  I use them in my glider, but carry a few in my flight bag as well.

I carry ziplocks and paper towels for generic purposes…

Once or twice, they got used for this purpose…

The kids have filled them after a bout of turbulence…

I like the ziplock because it is an extruded product… compared to the blow molded bottle… lots of flexibility…

The kids like the ziplocks because they learned what food looks like after it has been eaten…

:)

Best regards,

-a-

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, skydvrboy said:

My plane can only hold seven hours of fuel, so this has never come up.  Do you all have long range tanks or just really small bladders. :P

It's probably due to the aging pilot population . . . . 

1 hour ago, skydvrboy said:

My plane can only hold seven hours of fuel, so this has never come up.  Do you all have long range tanks or just really small bladders. :P

Staying awake and hydrated is more important than trying to hold it in. I usually take a leak an hour before landing so that I can plan the approach with a clear mind and not feel rushed. Let everyone else make a run for the bathroom the moment the propeller stops and I can take my time tying down.

5980D8FE-6F11-43D1-A5C5-B4571116EBD7.jpeg

• Haha 1