Plans available

bbwanless

I have inherited a complete set of Mooney Mite plans from 1975 era.  There is a little fading on some areas of 10 pages but the drawings can still be made out.  If you are interested or need more information please contact me.  The price is not set so I will work with those on this site who are interested in them posting answers  to the questions on the site.  These were my father's but he is no longer available to build this plane.  Thank you.  Bryan W

Welcome aboard Bryan!

I’m glad you have tried to do something with the Dad’s details…

Hey, did you know we have a Mite section around here?

Looks like your thread has started in the general Mooney Talk area…

That is OK… but in a few months when some Mite owner happens in….

It will be pretty hard to know it is here….

Let me invite a couple of Mite-iacs….   @Kevin Harberg and @Mooneymite

PP thoughts only, not a web site manager…

Best regards,

-a-

The Mooney Mite Owners Forum in Mooney Space has posts relating to prints for the M-18X. May be a resource for specific viewership if you reposted there. There came a time when aviation related litigation altered the course of well intended businesses, many concerned about potential liability and the increasing costs to insure for protection. It was believed that the M-18X plans were removed from public availability for such reasons. A fair number of sets are likely still out there (I turned down the opportunity to have my own slightly used set of prints for free, a decision I sometimes regret). The price new was quite affordable at the time of print, and I would suspect there may be only a small number of immediate potential purchasers of plans for the M-18X, therefore I would expect any plans available for sale would be priced modestly. A list of plans, other drawings, and manuals available with the set of prints is shown in an ad in the aforementioned site.

PS: I believe prints are now available for viewing at the Smithsonian.

Regards,

Kevin Harberg C-GXTR M-18X   

Edited by Kevin Harberg
Spelling
  • Like 1

I am sorry I do not have the ability to scan or copy the 100+ pages of prints for the Mite.  I am looking to find these plans a good home at a modest price (though modest is relative).   My father would have rather seen the plane built than just invest in the plans.   I was thinking of asking $300 + shipping and work from there.  Does that sound modest to you Kevin?  I have no idea of a starting figure and though I have little control would really like someone who wants to build the plane get the plans.

• Like 1

The volume of prints for the M-18X far exceeds the volume of prints included in homebuilder plans of the era (The M-18X prints are actually reprints of the M-18 production model). Your price may seem fair to those who would like a set. What would be the overall weight and volume required for shipping? Have you located any of the additional documents offered for sale with the prints (Assembly manuals, gear/aux tank drawings etc)?

Thanks for saving the prints and offering them to the Mooney community.

PS: these prints may also be of use by those restoring certified M18's. Only 283 were built and many are in storage awaiting rebuild. That explains why the prints were often sold with a Mooney Mite wood repair manual. Less than 5 M-18X aircraft built to date. Unknown quantity of prints sold.

Edited by Kevin Harberg
Spelling, added PS
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...