Reno Air Racing 2021….

carusoam

Have you seen what it looks like lately?

The magic of YouTube and Juan Brown have captured some of the live action from turn five…

Planes passing overhead at nearly 400mph…

We have a couple of MSers that are involved in this awesome sport…. They are probably really busy lately…. :)

The Sport class is most interesting… if you like a classic rival between a modified Bravo engine VS. a modified Acclaim engine…

Watch this…. Glassair III Vs Lancair Legacy…  and a whole cast of others…

JB’s video yesterday was a stop in the hangar with unusually close up views and discussions of how modified these engines actually are… lots of water spraying for cooling, and 80” of boost….  See if @AirPirate is around?

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 3

• carusoam changed the title to Reno Air Racing 2021….
53 minutes ago, Mcstealth said:

Bucket list item for me. 

GO!  Most exciting!!! All week long. In the staging areas, the pits, in the air, and more! 

I was there several years ago, and saw happen.......a fellows head nearly removed when an aircrafts wing crossed over the cockpit of another aircraft on landing rollout.  We all saw it coming and gasped!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MooneyMitch said:

GO!  Most exciting!!! All week long. In the staging areas, the pits, in the air, and more! 

I was there several years ago, and saw happen.......a fellows head nearly removed when an aircrafts wing crossed over the cockpit of another aircraft on landing rollout.  We all saw it coming and gasped!

I've been wanting to go my whole life. Going to MAKE it happen. 

I went in 2018, which I will call the first year of Dreadnought's dominations of the unlimited class. IMO, with most of the other modified racers unlimited out, Dreadnought is unlikely to be toppled. That being said I was surprised at the much faster lap speeds of Miss America which in >2019 was around 340 MPH, where Dreadnought has been consistently 430 MPH. Honestly, Sport is where it is at. Sport Gold is also qualifying at 390-400 MPH and has much better racing then unlimited now.

• Like 3

I’ve been there every year since 1989, for the past few years I crew for Race24 Jet ( 4 National Championships) and Race 28 sport ( twin Turbo Legacy).  This event is old school cool and a must of you never been.  Unfortunately the unlimited class doesn’t have the intense  competition from years back ( laps over 500mph). It’s awesome to watch 9 Mustangs on the course.

We just flew Race 24 home yesterday (L29 with a P&W JT12). 

EC9ABEA9-8522-4781-934A-4AFF780086FF.jpeg

95682A39-7896-4D2B-BFED-FC3611404A47.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Air pirate said:

I’ve been there every year since 1989, for the past few years I crew for Race24 Jet ( 4 National Championships) and Race 28 sport ( twin Turbo Legacy).  This event is old school cool and a must of you never been.  Unfortunately the unlimited class doesn’t have the intense  competition from years back ( laps over 500mph). It’s awesome to watch 9 Mustangs on the course.

I will certainly bookmark you year after next. Applacian trail for me next year. Also bucket list. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Air pirate said:

I miss coming out there, maybe Bob will get his legacy race ready soon. tell Pete he should qualify in second then finish the rest in first, not the other way around!

Brian

• Like 1

4 hours ago, orionflt said:

I miss coming out there, maybe Bob will get his legacy race ready soon. tell Pete he should qualify in second then finish the rest in first, not the other way around!

Brian

Maybe a few days, we’re all still pissed off about the start on Sunday. 
we’ll come out swinging again. :) 

thanks!