HELP! S-Tec 30 POH Supplements and STC Info Needed

I'm in need of a copy of a STC and POH Supplements for a Short Body Mooney M20C or M20E.  I also need a copy of the Installation instructions for the Short Body Mooney M20 Series as well if anyone has a copy. 

This is for supporting documentation to be submitted for a Field Pre Approval for my M20A with a M20E Wing.  I have already purchased a complete S-Tec 30 system and I'm well on my way to applying for the field approval. 

Any assistance is greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance!

Carl 

I know this is an utterly useless post in regard to your aim to acquire STC and POH Supplements, and I wish I could help you.

I am mulling over the options for auto pilots for my '62 C model and am curious about getting a S-Tec system installed and especially the STC transferred to it.  I suppose you are essentially working outside of the STC process, because you are getting field approval.  But I would be curious about any light you could shed on it.  Perhaps a I could get one of the more modern autopilots approved in my early model mooney for which it hasn't been approved by field approval...  (I personally would offer my C model as a test bed for anyone who wants to get an autopilot approved for the early models...  ;) )

Your model is already covered by most of the AP manufacturers so it's not as much of a challenge. 

My Mooney is a M20A with a M20E wing and M20J tail. The wing is actually a one off STC. Basically my aircraft is identical to an early C or E model but the AP Manufacturers can only identify the A by TC and Serial Number. I've consulted with the FAA and they encouraged me to continue with my project based on the configuration of my aircraft. The real issue is S-Tec will not provide any assistance or information even under a field approval. 

The community here has been very helpful in providing information and assistance. I'm just in need of a couple of pieces of information that are likely to be requested before I submit my package for a Field Pre Approval review. 

Have you found the STec route to be a bit challenging…?

People have requested STC data after they have bought a used system to find STec will do this for a ton of dough…

The documents you are looking for may be serial number specific…

Will this be a challenge for you on your Project?

There are many STec units in Mooneys around here…

Good luck on your next steps…

Best regards,

-a-

9 hours ago, carusoam said:

Have you found the STec route to be a bit challenging…?

People have requested STC data after they have bought a used system to find STec will do this for a ton of dough…

The documents you are looking for may be serial number specific…

Will this be a challenge for you on your Project?

There are many STec units in Mooneys around here…

Good luck on your next steps…

Best regards,

-a-

The process has been challenging to say the least. 

S-Tec has been less than helpful with my particular case and unfortunately a Field Approval is my only option since no AP manufacturer will be doing an STC for my particular Serial Number. It's a M20A with an E wing. 

I have a complete system now and have done a dry fit for the components all of which meet the prints so physical installation is exactly a "Like Installation" I'm doing the paperwork for a Field Pre Approval and I'm missing some of the documentation that would make the review go more smoothly and could be the difference between approval and denial. 

A copy of a 337 form and STC from an early M20E serial number will include the limitations and continued airworthiness information I need but I will need the POH supplement information as well to support my application.  

I'm sure someone has the information I'm looking for to use as reference but I just haven't connected with them yet. I am working with an IA that has accomplished a number of Field Approvals and he's reviewing my documentation. The FAA representative that I have been consulting with has been very encouraging and feels it should be a relatively easy review under a "Like Installation" since basically I'm identical to an Early model C or E physically. 

Also obtaining a copy of the installation instructions for a S-Tec 30 installation in an early model C or E would be helpful. It's just difficult to find this data outside their Dealer Network. Old Chub on MS has been a great contact that I have made and has provided a lot of help in my quest.

Wish me luck. I'm committed now ($$$$) to making this happen.   

Carl 

• Like 1