PFD compatible with IFD 440/1986 252 TSE

Bob R.

Bob,

If you are installing a GI-275 with the analog outputs for a KFC150 it should not have any inputs from the GPS for navigation?

If you are installing as an HSI, the install manual allows for non listed / analogue interfaces provided certain conditions are met / tested.

I don't see the showstopper?

Aerodon

I am no expert but this is what I understand. The Avidyne 440 is a slide in replacement for the GNS430W. If it is compatible with the 430W then it is compatible with the 440.  For example, what if you upgraded you panel with the 430w to the latest and greatest, and then exchanged it for the Avidyne 440 ?

This is the extent of my knowledge on this subject. 

It’s a paperwork issue. You have to have some basis for installing equipment in a certificated aircraft. Neither the Garmin nor Avidyne STCs permit this configuration. It’s really Avidyne’s problem to fix since they designed the IFD as a retrofit. You could always pursue a field approval. Or, if you could borrow a 430W, you could reinstall that, have the shop install the GI 275 and the reinstall the 440. Sounds silly, and I would verify this with the shop before pursuing it, but it should work.

Skip

1 hour ago, Bartman said:

I am no expert but this is what I understand. The Avidyne 440 is a slide in replacement for the GNS430W. If it is compatible with the 430W then it is compatible with the 440.  For example, what if you upgraded you panel with the 430w to the latest and greatest, and then exchanged it for the Avidyne 440 ?

This is the extent of my knowledge on this subject. 

I don't know if this is an apples to apples comparison, but I had a kt-74/430 combo. The STC allowed the two to work together for ADSB compliance. Although the 440 is compatible, the ADSB compliance didn't work with them.