Where do you purchase your oil?

Greg Ellis

I get Phillips XC from one distributor and W100 plus from another, generally they have it in stock, can’t remember on the W100 plus but paid $108 for 2 cases of XC a few months back. I also use oil as a “filler” to get orders up to the free freight, there are several of us on the field that “pool” our orders which gets us free freight as well 

On 9/15/2021 at 2:40 PM, EricJ said:

I usually bounce between aircraftspruce and amazon. 

Same.  I think the lower shipping cost on Amazon makes the difference in who I purchase from.  Plus I had one bad experience with a case of oil from Spruce -- it took them 3 weeks to get me the oil.  So I went ahead and ordered another case from Amazon a full two weeks after my order from Spruce and the Amazon order still came in a day before the Spruce order.

• Like 1

I always order about 4 cases of oil during EAA AirVenture Oshkosh week from Aircraft Spruce.  They offer FREE shipping during that week.  I'm almost certain that they offer free shipping during the week of Sun 'n Fun as well.  I also order Tempest oil filters, cleaning solutions, cleaning pads, Camguard and other odds and ends at the same time.   The cases of oil were $74.75 for Phillips 66 X/C 20W-50.   Their policy is they don't offer free shipping on oversized and heavy items, but apparently cases of oil don't fit into that category.  

3 hours ago, PT20J said:

Just bough a case of Philips X/C 20W50 today from my IA. $75. Spruce sells it for $74. I didn't have to order. I didn't have to wait. I just stopped by on my way to the hangar.

Skip

Nice! I remember when . . .

My on-field mechanic closed up, and the replacement itinerant IA retired, changed phone number and email . . . .