Salvage early model M20F being parted out?

7 hours ago, Exec21Mooney said:

Does anyone have or know info on a salvage 68 m20f model thats being parted out?

Find @SheryLoewen

Who recently posted what they are parting out today…

After that check in with @Alan Fox and. @Jerry Pressley

If you write down what you are looking for… you can cut the communication lag in half…

They either have it or They don’t… right now, they don’t Know what you are looking for…

There are many parts that are common within the Mooney family… does it need to be exactly a 68 M20F?

Part names and numbers will be very helpful… a parts catalog can be really helpful for this…

PP thoughts only…

Best regards,

-a-

1 hour ago, carusoam said:

Find @SheryLoewen

Who recently posted what they are parting out today…

After that check in with @Alan Fox and. @Jerry Pressley

If you write down what you are looking for… you can cut the communication lag in half…

They either have it or They don’t… right now, they don’t Know what you are looking for…

There are many parts that are common within the Mooney family… does it need to be exactly a 68 M20F?

Part names and numbers will be very helpful… a parts catalog can be really helpful for this…

PP thoughts only…

Best regards,

-a-

A bit of a tangent, but I'm starting to wonder what model Mooney is optimum in terms of parts availability.  If you look at the production numbers for each year and model, the age of the airplanes, and the numbers that are being parted out, there's gotta be a sweet spot.  It's even possible the older airplanes are better in terms of parts availability.  So I've gotta wonder, is it the C & Es, or the F & Js, etc.  I've had good luck finding F parts.  Too bad the part numbers and production numbers aren't in a data base somewhere.  Someone might be able to crunch an answer. 

DC,

The C & Es we’re the classic short bodies… only difference is mostly the fuel injection on the engine… there were thousands built each year… include the D with that… same as the C, but some fixed gear parts… only three haven’t been converted to Cs…

F and J are the mid body Mooney… include the K when looking for parts…

There are published production numbers around here somewhere…  easy to find in used plane books… by year…

Oddly, I haven’t needed any airframe parts…. That come from the factory…

The one Ovation that had a GU landing has been getting gobbled up for everything it has… it’s in Europe…

To need the parts that come from scrapped planes… something bad has to have happened…  like bumping into solid objects… and GU landings…

Fortunately, that doesn’t happen very often….  :)

All the parts that wear normally… come from various airplane part suppliers….

See if you can find the production numbers… they’re out there…

Best regards,

-a- 

55 minutes ago, carusoam said:

DC,

The C & Es we’re the classic short bodies… only difference is mostly the fuel injection on the engine… there were thousands built each year… include the D with that… same as the C, but some fixed gear parts… only three haven’t been converted to Cs…

F and J are the mid body Mooney… include the K when looking for parts…

There are published production numbers around here somewhere…  easy to find in used plane books… by year…

Oddly, I haven’t needed any airframe parts…. That come from the factory…

The one Ovation that had a GU landing has been getting gobbled up for everything it has… it’s in Europe…

To need the parts that come from scrapped planes… something bad has to have happened…  like bumping into solid objects… and GU landings…

Fortunately, that doesn’t happen very often….  :)

All the parts that wear normally… come from various airplane part suppliers….

See if you can find the production numbers… they’re out there…

Best regards,

-a- 

Just this year I was able to find a cabin door handle bracket and a fuel gauge from a parted out F.  Would like to find a trim and flap indicator . 

Edited by DCarlton

On 9/14/2021 at 11:33 PM, DCarlton said:

A bit of a tangent, but I'm starting to wonder what model Mooney is optimum in terms of parts availability.  If you look at the production numbers for each year and model, the age of the airplanes, and the numbers that are being parted out, there's gotta be a sweet spot.  It's even possible the older airplanes are better in terms of parts availability.  So I've gotta wonder, is it the C & Es, or the F & Js, etc.  I've had good luck finding F parts.  Too bad the part numbers and production numbers aren't in a data base somewhere.  Someone might be able to crunch an answer. 

I haven’t had any trouble with me E short body.  I think all the Cs and Es running around really help.  Also the zMooney factory made me a proper cable just recently and it works amazingly.

• 4 weeks later...