New Member - Howdy!

503Guy

Hey all,

Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I have been trolling these pages for some time now, figured I'd 'mise well fire up an account!

I am a 48hr student pilot currently studying for my check-ride, which is in a copule weeks. Love aviation, been eying a Mooney for next year's IFR push pending all goes well with the PPL!

Currently flying out of KBOI but hope to get over to some of the PDX-area airports soon!

Anyway, thanks for having me! Couple photos of the high-wing's I've been training on. Cheers!

IMG_8113.JPG

IMG_8228.JPG

• Like 4

19 hours ago, bfreelove said:

N4312R!  I easily have over 1,000 hrs in that airplane from my CFI days at the Alameda Aero Club at KOAK.  Welcome Troy, and definitely get a Mooney!

what a small world - my first solo was in that plane, and I intend on passing my checkride next week in it! thanks for the welcome.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, 503Guy said:

thanks all. thinking of tailwheel then IFR, anyone do them in the opposite order? 

Tail wheel is great for working on speed control…. Which will be helpful throughout your flying career…

There isn’t a lot of volume to study and know compared to the instrument rating…

PPL… similar to a class or two at the high school level…

IR… similar to a class or two at the college level…  more complex material, more volume of material, 

Tail Wheel…. Whenever you can fit it in your schedule…

Commercial… Often done at the same time as IR… as it shares some flight hours requirements…

PP thoughts only, I stopped after IR… :)

Best regards,

-a-

• 3 months later...

No longer just a poser on this forum! 

Couple pix from the trip attached - an old wooden hanger at Tonopah, mountains in Idaho, Tom and I on our way down in his Grumman AA5.

IMG_9500.thumb.JPG.bb1e43ad5e45f67393e8d7049420bd2c.JPG

Thanks all for your help.

VHAZ9473.JPG

SNDY9415.JPG

IMG_9494.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1