M20C N9206M Left for dead at X60 Williston, Florida.

docjeffry

Anyone notice this Mooney just sitting on the ramp at Williston Airport? I saw this airplane sitting dead center on the west side of the ramp when I was there last month. I called the FBO, the guy was nice enough to tell me the N Number so I could find this image on the net. He said he has been working at X60 for 7 years and it has never flown (some run ups). The locals tell me corrosion isn't too bad in northcentral Florida. Is this aircraft salvageable? I'm sure the engine is toast. I was wondering about the airframe. Thoughts?

IMG_1901.JPG

dj,

Are you looking for a big project or to fly a Mooney?

Outside in the weather, not flown… equals big project…

Even slightly liked airplanes get real cabin covers when sleeping outdoors…

keeping water away from the windows is important for long term health…

+1 for go see it… there may be some things that are being taken care of…

PP thoughts only, not a mechanic…

Best regards,

-a-

14 hours ago, docjeffry said:

Anyone notice this Mooney just sitting on the ramp at Williston Airport? I saw this airplane sitting dead center on the west side of the ramp when I was there last month. I called the FBO, the guy was nice enough to tell me the N Number so I could find this image on the net. He said he has been working at X60 for 7 years and it has never flown (some run ups). The locals tell me corrosion isn't too bad in northcentral Florida. Is this aircraft salvageable? I'm sure the engine is toast. I was wondering about the airframe. Thoughts?

'66C.  Looks like last flown ~10 years ago, likely sitting outside since then.  I wonder what happened?  It looks like someone invested in a nice Top Prop around that time, then left it to rot.

One would open up the wing and look at the condition of the spar, pull the interior and look at the steel cage  - then decide if there is a reasonable path to make it fly - no way to know from circumstances or the pic.  It would of course have to be a labor of love by an A&P needing a hobby, far from a practical endeavor.

Edited by DXB