Mooney Summit weather presentation - are you interested in attending?

I was looking forward to this year's Mooney Summit.  Really bummed it was postponed.  Nevertheless, I still wanted to hold the presentation I had planned to do, but virtually.  I don't have a solid date and time yet, but thinking Thursday, October 21st at 8 p.m. EDT...will post the official time here once I can solidify my schedule.  I'll be more than happy to do this assuming I can get a good number to attend (say 30 or more).  If there's very little interest, I won't bother.

So, please add a "Thanks" or "Like" to this post if you are interested so I can get a feeling for the number of you that might be willing to attend.    

• Like 24
  • Thanks 8

6 minutes ago, Greg Ellis said:

So, do we have to limit it to just one weakness? :D:D

Yes, there are many...too many to fit into a one hour webinar. Maybe a full day webinar, but not an hour. ;) 

Actually, I will be discussing two specific ones that tend to stand out based on my experience teaching weather to pilots for the last 25 years.

18 hours ago, 0TreeLemur said:

I'd love to attend, but I'm fully booked 20-21 Oct.  Drat.   Might you record it and have it available for a limited time?

I can't promise it will be recorded, but that is the goal.  If all the planets line up and the technology works, I may be able to make it available to the group a week or so after the presentation (depending on my current workload).  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

It appears we have enough folks that are interested and willing to attend.  I will attempt to record this webinar and make it freely available after the fact.  There will be a Q&A session at the end of the presentation...so if you attend live, you will have the opportunity to ask a question. 

Therefore, I can confirm that Thursday, October 21st at 8 p.m. EDT (0000Z, October 22nd) will be the date and time of this webinar sponsored by EZWxBrief.  The webinar should last 50 minutes with a 10 minute Q&A. 

Here is the link to the Zoom meeting:

Topic: 2021 Mooney Summit presentation on weather sponsored by EZWxBrief
Time: Oct 21, 2021 08:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://uncc.zoom.us/j/98368886764?pwd=Qk9nRHdoeG4wUVhVUDJHU1ptejhQUT09 

Meeting ID: 983 6888 6764
Passcode: 946402

Keep an eye out in this thread for any changes to the schedule.  

• Thanks 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just a quick reminder of the webinar on Thursday, October 21st and will start promptly at 8 p.m. EDT (0000Z, October 22nd).

The webinar should last 50 minutes with a 10 minute Q&A. 

Here is the link to the Zoom meeting:

Topic: 2021 Mooney Summit presentation on weather sponsored by EZWxBrief (ezwxbrief.com)
Time: Oct 21, 2021 08:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://uncc.zoom.us/j/98368886764?pwd=Qk9nRHdoeG4wUVhVUDJHU1ptejhQUT09

Meeting ID: 983 6888 6764
Passcode: 946402

• Like 1

Last reminder...webinar is tonight at 8 pm EDT.  Given that my Zoom account is limited to 100 attendees, entry will be on a first come, first served basis.   

Important:  If you have difficulty joining or have difficulty with sound or seeing the presentation, I cannot help debug your situation. It's just me on the other end and I don't have a support staff to help. I will not be monitoring this thread tonight, so you are on your own.  If you cannot join through the Zoom meeting link provided, you can always go to https://zoom.us/ and enter the meeting id and passcode provided in an earlier post. That may allow for an alternative way to join the session.  

Your microphone will be muted during the presentation. All questions will be offered through the Zoom chat feature...so there's no need to have your video camera or microphone on during the presentation or during Q&A. 

See you tonight!