Bendix King Aero Cruze 100 for Mooney Aircraft

Floyd

I got an Email for Gulf Coast Avionics this morning.

The STC for installation of the AeroCruze 100 in Mooney Series aircraft is nearing completion. This approval will cover Mooney M20B, M20C, M20D, M20E, M20F, M20J, M20K, M20L, M20M, M20R, M20S, M20TN, M20U and M20V aircraft.

They are now accepting pre orders.  Spruce is also listing it.

We really need a another big player in avionics besides big G, but history shows BK often promises and rarely (never?) delivers. Honeywell is really successful is supplying great systems for Airliners and Business jets but, somehow that doesn't trickle down to Bendix-King. I understand, this is TruTrak that they bough couple of years ago... 

Reading the Q&A it seems like a capable and simple to install unit and for $5100, it includes everything you need. Would love to see install manual.

Still, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for one but it would be great if there was an "inexpensive" option to my unsupported Brittain PC/Acutrack systems.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Floyd said:

I got an Email for Gulf Coast Avionics this morning.

The STC for installation of the AeroCruze 100 in Mooney Series aircraft is nearing completion. This approval will cover Mooney M20B, M20C, M20D, M20E, M20F, M20J, M20K, M20L, M20M, M20R, M20S, M20TN, M20U and M20V aircraft.

They are now accepting pre orders.  Spruce is also listing it.

Massive thanks for this post. Very interested in this auto-pilot. Seems like *Disclaimer* my opinion for what works best for my budget. I do like that the unit is self contained and it doesn't need an outside source for a DG. Be interesting to see how she talks to the 430 etc. Wondering about the installations manuals, been wanting to read up a bit and see if anything crazy like fittings, extra harness or some crazy plug you need to make it work. Again, thanks for the post.  

I have installed this autopilot in a Cherokee and a Cessna.   The install manuals are very complete with pictures.  The kits were complete.  Just needed a Circuit breaker and a DPDT switch  to connect.  Talks well to w430 or any other GPS, even hand held if it has a wired out.  With a WAAS unit flys approached very well.  It is not certified for approaches though.

• Like 2