Mooney advertisement from Facebook

Shadrach

I saw that on FB, reminded me of an ad in Cycle News back in the 80’s…Headline read “You like sex? Then said so do I, the wife says it goes or the motorcycle goes…then detailed the bike for sale….. it was a current model with less than 1000 miles……

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, mike_elliott said:

No he is not. Scott is a geek. He has MIT and Rice .edu email addresses. This is him being funny. He teaches how to be a chief technology officer at Rice. He invented ZORK, the real mans computer game. He did not do well in high school humor class, however

Actually Scott is quite a funny guy, I wouldn't doubt he did well in humor class

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, exM20K said:

And he had that awesome write-up of his goose strike over KAVP one night, IIRC.  digging for the pics....

-dan

Is he the one with the goose buried in the vertical stabilizer with one wing and one leg hanging down on each side? 

Still the price is interesting. I have a low time (1450 hr) really clean 1994 M20J with a 250 hr factory rebuilt IO-360-A3B6, original interior, original paint, Aspen PFD, GNS 430W, GTX 345 ADS-B in and out. Jimmy Garrison appraised it at $170K for insurance. I’m having a complete glass retrofit including G3X and GFC 500 done and asked Jimmy what it would be worth and he said maybe $190 but not many buyers at that price. 

31 minutes ago, amillet said:

So, your $75K avionics upgrade only increases the value by $20K? :unsure:

I think so. There is an upper limit to what people are willing to pay for a particular old airplane. At some point it makes sense to spend a little more for a newer long body. My plan is to keep the plane for ten years and at that point it would be more difficult to sell if I kept the GNS and KAP 150. And this way I get to enjoy the newer stuff. But I thought long and hard about putting $80K into a $170K airplane. 

Skip

• Like 2

14 hours ago, jetdriven said:

Given the current airplane market, it’s probably easier to find a new wife than a new plane, just saying….

Good ones of either are hard to find and you have to "jump" on them when you do. Most will be above your initial budget, but if you get the right one, will work out in the long run.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, mike_elliott said:

Good ones of either are hard to find and you have to "jump" on them when you do. Most will be above your initial budget, but if you get the right one, will work out in the long run.

Just remember, it's the maintenance costs that will eat you alive!!

• Like 2