Garmin autopilot certification process - slightly off topic

dominikos

You’ve got to appreciate Garmin’s sense of humor and how they gently poke fun at their competition….

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/blog/aviation/a-behind-the-scenes-look-at-garmin-autopilot-certifications/

paraphrasing: “if you need AP certified for your plane, just let us know, we’ve got the process under control…”

Since they used my K for the mid body certification, I can back that statement up firsthand.  They are a top notch organization with some great people and processes.  They did not screw around with ensuring everything was up to par before, during and after the certification and were excellent and were super responsive the whole time.  

• Like 1

Big G has taken the required steps to get their product out into the hands of paying customers…

One fancy product after another…

My favorite part of the article Dominik posted…

If you have a Mooney that isn’t on their certification train yet….

Contact this guy….

Max Unruh’s official title at Garmin is aviation product manager of autopilot systems. In layman’s terms? He’s a part of the team that decides which aircraft to certify for Garmin autopilot solutions.

Be ready with how many planes are similar to yours… and how many pilots are interested in buying a GFC500….  :)

Go MS!

Best regards,

-a-