New airplane market?

12 minutes ago, Air pirate said:

I wonder if the Taliban would entertain an offer on one of their new Super Tacanos , PC12s or attack ready Caravans?   I have cash and bit coin.

I wonder what the going rate would be for a ferry pilot to bring it back to the states...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Skates97 said:

I wonder what the going rate would be for a ferry pilot to bring it back to the states...

Probably a simple cash-and-carry policy. With a discount if you "drop off" some cargo on your way out . . . .

Bring your own mechanic… the left behind planes are reported to be no longer functional or have any value to a potential bad guy…

But, all of the airport support equipment like fire trucks are still functional…

Anyone want to run an airport?

Best regards,

-a-

Heard report on radio today from NPR that all aircraft left at the Kabul airport were disabled.   Saw a photo of what I think was a Blackhawk panel.  It looked like every instrument had a bad run in with a 2 lb sledge.   A C-130 sitting on the ramp sat at an angle, as if either the left-hand tires blown or that landing gear disabled.  Gonna need a lot of spare parts.   I know contractors who would go back for the right price....

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2021 at 5:58 PM, 0TreeLemur said:

Heard report on radio today from NPR that all aircraft left at the Kabul airport were disabled.   Saw a photo of what I think was a Blackhawk panel.  It looked like every instrument had a bad run in with a 2 lb sledge.   A C-130 sitting on the ramp sat at an angle, as if either the left-hand tires blown or that landing gear disabled.  Gonna need a lot of spare parts.   I know contractors who would go back for the right price....

I would be more concerned about the aircraft at Bagram Air Base than the aircraft at the Kabul airport.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/15/2021 at 7:42 PM, PT20J said:

During WW II, the US lost 65,164 aircraft but only of those 22,948 in combat. 

https://www.realclearhistory.com/articles/2019/02/12/staggering_statistics_15000_us_airmen_killed_in_training_in_ww_ii_412.html

Skip

Not only US but many allied trainees died too.   Many UK pilots did their flight training in the US.   We visited Hank Williams grave at Oakwood cemetery in Montgomery, Alabama.  Not far from Hank and Audrey's plot, here is a separate section in that cemetery containing the graves of about 100 UK officers and enlisted, most of them died in flight training accidents.

On 9/15/2021 at 3:19 PM, MB65E said:

What did we leave at Bagram? That really hasn’t hit the press. 
-Matt

From a couple of friends still in, pretty much everything, we just left like the place was on fire, left everything furniture, coffee makers, filled coke machines you name it, pretty much only brought people home.

I don’t believe the departure was planned, it was more of an evacuation order than any kind of planned withdrawal. Thousands of vehicles, hundreds of armored vehicles, arms rooms filled with arms, it’s my understanding that there was a prison onsite and we left the prisoners locked up, just bolted.

Edited by A64Pilot
  • Sad 1

On 9/15/2021 at 11:30 AM, A64Pilot said:

The Iranian F-14’s were disabled by outgoing contractors as the left, but the Afghanistan aircraft were left for the Afghan government, or actually just left

‘I’d wager that the Taliban are among the best equipped military in the region, they won BIG 

Maybe that’s what he meant by “build back better” ?