APU

If someone out there in Mooneyland has the aux power plug that is attached to their battery cover, can someone send me a picture of the relay and bracket? I am in the process of adding the plug receptacle and the bracket for the relay. I haven't been able to find any drawings of it so I know where to mount the bracket. Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

Mike,

Expect that they may be standard parts sold by a supplier…

Or some have been installed in older Mooneys…

In that case…. Alan may have the pre-flown variety on the shelf…

I have owned two versions of it….  But, I’m not familiar with anything on the battery cover… are you sure of your description?

I have a relay farm next to the batteries in the tail…

:)

Best regards,

-a-

Yes sir! Thanks a bunch! What I am trying to determine is the position of the bracket that the relay is mounted to! The pictures are almost perfect. With the cover on the relay, I can't quite make out the position of the bracket.......any extra help with that or maybe a close picture of the relay through the hole where the wire goes through. Maybe a pic of that would show me what direction to attach the bracket to the battery box lid....

Thanks!

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Best MSer of the day goes to Mark! @markgrue

Great pics, shared, updated, and shared again!

The tray used to mount all of the GPU equipment looks awfully similar to the battery cover for my 65 M20C!  :)

Note for Ilya @lithium366…  Alan @Alan Fox is our local Mooney dismantler… aka The Grim Reaper… or Grimmy the Reaper…

He is an excellent resource for finding pre-flown Mooney parts, and often Pre-flown avionics, and sometimes Over-stock new avionics…

He is a great resource for buying parts of a Mooney, or a whole Mooney… :)

Special Thanks go to @tmo for carrying on the tradition of sharing info while I was away… :)

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...