Foreflight Mooney M20T Performance Profiles

Ethan

I have been using the Foreflight performance profiles for my M20T (LB1) They seem to overestimate TAS and underestimate fuel burn. Anyone else experience this?

Thanks

I've found them to be pretty accurate. If anything, it slightly overestimates my fuel burn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm using ForeFlight with the M20T 252 profile.  I find it to be really close on the time, and often a bit over on fuel.  I think the profile can be fine tuned, but I've never tried.  

If I am going to be close on fuel or time I also run my trip through FltPlan.com just to check for any differences.  FltPlan.com profiles can be customized if you wish.   

The standard ForeFlight profiles for me were already largely setup, I just had to add actual w&b from the poh. They can then be edited, or can be setup straight from scratch. 
The ovation was pretty much right on the money, the acclaim was about 4 gallons light, on a four hour trip. 

How much are we expecting a program to get right…?

When we all have favorite engine settings and accompanying speeds to go with them…

1) WnB is going to be very trip specific…

2) FF is going to be depending on how far LOP vs. ROP i want to go and what altitude I’m going to fly at…

3) Weather changes everything…

4) T/O and landing distances need to include DA…

I could be out of the loop with how accurate FF is…

But, it would be nice if it covered all of the bases, not just most… :)

Best regards,

-a-

How much are we expecting a program to get right…?
When we all have favorite engine settings and accompanying speeds to go with them…
1) WnB is going to be very trip specific…
2) FF is going to be depending on how far LOP vs. ROP i want to go and what altitude I’m going to fly at…
3) Weather changes everything…
4) T/O and landing distances need to include DA…
I could be out of the loop with how accurate FF is…
But, it would be nice if it covered all of the bases, not just most… 
Best regards,
-a-

ForeFlight accounts for altitudes, weights, and temperatures: https://foreflight.com/products/performance-plus/

I know this because I painstakingly created a profile from scratch before a prepackaged one was available...it was a beat down.  It also has both LOP and ROP profiles, but you're right...it depends on how lean/rich you go.

Haven't tried takeoff/landing distances in ForeFlight though...will have to give that a shot.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, aggiepilot04 said:

ForeFlight accounts for altitudes, weights, and temperatures: https://foreflight.com/products/performance-plus/

I know this because I painstakingly created a profile from scratch before a prepackaged one was available...it was a beat down.  It also has both LOP and ROP profiles, but you're right...it depends on how lean/rich you go.

Haven't tried takeoff/landing distances in ForeFlight though...will have to give that a shot.

We are getting soooo… close!

With WAAS data we get to see how accurate these details actually are…

Same with actual fuel flow numbers…

And digital thermometers mounted in a decent location…

We have come a long way since relying on an ancient POH/owners manual…

:)

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

I don’t know what it is. I have newish engine, I have been using the 65% power setting and dialing that back 10% for speed and dialing up the fuel burn 10% and I’m still going slower and burning more than that adjusted profile. Maybe I should check my MAP gauge calibration.