Cannot slide my Garmon 430W out of the tray

wburger1

I am having difficulty sliding mu Garmin 430W out of the tray.  I removed the lower and upper tray to make sure they were not pressing against it but it wont come out.  It does comes out about 1/2" by unscrewing it then stops.  Tried moving it back and forth with no luck.  Any suggestions? 

Tradition for how radio racks and lugs work….

A certain amount of turning gets the lug oriented for sliding out…

Over turning makes the opposite end of the lug protrude by a small amount, blocking the way…

Counting the turns may help identify the spot that works…

PP thoughts based on BK experience only… it might work in a pinch…  :)

Best regards,

-a-

35 minutes ago, carusoam said:

Tradition for how radio racks and lugs work….

A certain amount of turning gets the lug oriented for sliding out…

Over turning makes the opposite end of the lug protrude by a small amount, blocking the way…

Counting the turns may help identify the spot that works…

PP thoughts based on BK experience only… it might work in a pinch…  :)

Best regards,

-a-

When I took out the tray under it I can see the lug but it does not seem to be keeping it from sliding out.  It is definitely  blocked by something but don't think it is the lug.  I will try different positions of the lug on Tuesday when I go back.   Thank you for the information.  Walt

I have seen the rack mounting screws back out and cause just what you are describing, a 6" scale slid in where the 4 screws reside that mount the rack may well point to the problem.

Ask me how I know....

Give me a call at 616 822 1999 if you would like.

Bob Weber WebairConsulting.com

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I called Bob and his idea worked!  Put a feeler gauge and found the mounting screw that was blocking the lower left from sliding out.  Slightly pried the radio to the right and out it came.  Both of the lower screws got left out so that will not happen again.  I have a rack above and below the 430W so I should be fine. The Garmin 430W radio has an opening on both sides on the bottom which can get caught on the rack mounting screws.  They should have designed the rack to have the mounting holes an inch higher.

Thank you Bob!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1