Power Stick Self Propelled Tow Bar for Sale, $500……SOLD

Posting for a friend!  He bought it when he had rotator cuff surgery.  He now sold the Mooney and the replacement plane has a wheel pant……and the rotator cuff is healed.  Pictures show it on my plane.  Seems to work well, high torque, not too fast, but fully functional.  Needs a battery and replacements appear to be available on line for less than $40.  $500 OBO.  Call Jack at 860-274-4647.  This is a landline…don’t text or it ends up in outer space.  You can ask me questions here, but I probably don’t know the answer…only tried it once to take the pictures.  I will flag it sold when it sells.

C86A5A7D-E3B1-424D-8F41-D16B9164F5DD.jpeg

2739A5E1-5339-4B5A-9FB2-6F18217B05E8.jpeg

5CF164DD-5D0C-43C1-86C2-91B9B613F87D.jpeg

2 hours ago, takair said:

Posting for a friend!  He bought it when he had rotator cuff surgery.  He now sold the Mooney and the replacement plane has a wheel pant……and the rotator cuff is healed.  Pictures show it on my plane.  Seems to work well, high torque, not too fast, but fully functional.  Needs a battery and replacements appear to be available on line for less than $40.  $500 OBO.  Call Jack at 860-274-4647.  This is a landline…don’t text or it ends up in outer space.  You can ask me questions here, but I probably don’t know the answer…only tried it once to take the pictures.  I will flag it sold when it sells.

C86A5A7D-E3B1-424D-8F41-D16B9164F5DD.jpeg

2739A5E1-5339-4B5A-9FB2-6F18217B05E8.jpeg

5CF164DD-5D0C-43C1-86C2-91B9B613F87D.jpeg

Does it collapse to a smaller size?  How much did it weigh?

11 hours ago, ZuluZulu said:

Does it collapse to a smaller size?  How much did it weigh?

It does not collapse, but it does not seem any longer than the tow bar that came with my plane.  Should fit fine in the luggage compartment without collapse.  I don’t know how much it weighs.  It is fairly robust….  You can call Jack for details or likely search on line.

1 hour ago, takair said:

It does not collapse, but it does not seem any longer than the tow bar that came with my plane.  Should fit fine in the luggage compartment without collapse. 

My towbar collapses in half, unfolded it likely wouldn't fit in the back of my C.

26 minutes ago, Hank said:

My towbar collapses in half, unfolded it likely wouldn't fit in the back of my C.

Oh, interesting….mine has room to spare.  They must have changed them along the way.  Jack can get a measurement either way if someone needs one, but I think this would fit flat on the luggage floor.  Felt like the same reach as my tow bar.

7 hours ago, takair said:

It does not collapse, but it does not seem any longer than the tow bar that came with my plane.  Should fit fine in the luggage compartment without collapse.  I don’t know how much it weighs.  It is fairly robust….  You can call Jack for details or likely search on line.

The segments in the bar gave me hope it might collapse.  I have a Sidewinder but would love something a little more compact for carrying in the plane.  I can do it by hand most places but when it's just me by myself, pushing it uphill (like Catalina Airport camping) can be difficult.

30 minutes ago, ZuluZulu said:

The segments in the bar gave me hope it might collapse.  I have a Sidewinder but would love something a little more compact for carrying in the plane.  I can do it by hand most places but when it's just me by myself, pushing it uphill (like Catalina Airport camping) can be difficult.

Now I’m wondering myself.  Next time I talk to Jack I will ask, but I think he has a buyer….

• takair changed the title to Power Stick Self Propelled Tow Bar for Sale, $500……SOLD