FS: NEW WAT PAR-36 G3 Landing and Taxi Lights

If you missed it at Oshkosh, Whelen Aerospace Technologies (WAT) announced and released their new Parmetheus G3 PAR-36 landing and taxi lights. At Oshkosh everyone sold out of their stock of G3s because they were so popular. I got to play with these a little bit prior to the release and they are incredible lights for the money. Incomparable I'd say. They are 2.5 times brighter then the PAR-36 Parmetheus Plus series LED landing and taxi lights boasting close to 140,000 candela power for the landing light. They are even brighter than the WAT Parmetheus Pro. If you're looking for landing and taxi light upgrade, this is it. The G3 is compatible with both 14V and 28V electrical systems. I have them in stock and ready to go.

https://www.gallagheraviationllc.com/wh ... hting.html <-- Order here
gallagheraviationllc@gmail.com <-- Email me
1-833-425-5288 <-- Call me

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=whelen+aerospace+technologies+g3

Here are some comparative photos I took using a tripod mounted DSLR with the same exact camera settings.

First photo: PAR-36 Parmetheus Plus taxi light
Second photo: PAR-36 Parmetheus G3 taxi light
Third photo: PAR-36 competitor light
Fourth photo: PAR-36 G3 landing light
Fifth photo: PAR-36 G3 taxi light

Gen2Plus.JPG

Gen3Plus.JPG

Edit_Aerolite.jpg

Edit_WATPlusLanding.jpg

Edit_WATPlusTaxi.jpg

If you tried ordering and it said out of stock, that's not true - that was a website issue. I have plenty of landing light G3s in stock and very limited taxi lights at the moment. I have 15 more taxi lights on the way. These lights are the bomb.

On 8/23/2021 at 11:27 AM, OSUAV8TER said:

If you tried ordering and it said out of stock, that's not true - that was a website issue. I have plenty of landing light G3s in stock and very limited taxi lights at the moment. I have 15 more taxi lights on the way. These lights are the bomb.

Those new taxi lights just went on my wish list ... will be talking to you soon!  Any post-Oshkosh news from Whelen on our recog lights?  @OSUAV8TER

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 2/17/2022 at 12:22 PM, mcarterak said:

@OSUAV8TER do you know if WAT is planning a PAR46 version of this new light?

Eventually is my speculation but I have no information on when that will occur. The PAR-36 size is more common place in aviation versus the PAR-46. Just not as many aircraft have a lamp that big. I'm sure they will get to it though.

• 2 weeks later...

I just installed a pair of G3 PAR-36 LED taxi lights on my Bonanza and they are exceptional! If you have an older generation Parmetheus Plus or other LED lamp, the G3 is a worthy upgrade and only for $289. I have an excellent inventory to meet demand!

https://www.gallagheraviationllc.com/whelen-aircraft-lighting.html <-- Order the PAR-36 (4.5" diameter light) LED taxi or landing light here.

IMG_4786_1.thumb.jpg.69b7547bbe82986bb5ec80b46268ba41.jpgIMG_4783_1.thumb.jpg.ed16805d0cd02bb520410cf98cc95e4d.jpgIMG_4782_1.thumb.jpg.e78a70a274217d344962b7272f4285fb.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, carusoam said:

Great pics!

Quite the light show…

What camera did you use to capture such nice detail?

Go Whelen!

:)

-a-

An iPhone 13 Pro! I have a nice Canon DSLR with some L series lenses that I rarely use now! 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Fly Boomer said:

@OSUAV8TER so, they just dropped in your Bonanza, and you tightened a couple of screws without any modifications?

Yes, that is correct. I hooked up the positive and negative wire and then mounted them in the lamp housing. These are drop-in replacements for existing incandescent or LED lights. 

I replaced my wing landing lights with G3s I bought from James and they work well.  This light does not have any keying, so in my plane because of a slightly loose fit it would rotate in the bulb retainer.  It needs to be held in a specific orientation.  I ended up using some 1/2" wide closed cell neoprene tape (1/16" thick) in the bulb retainer and it grips it nicely.

I'll be doing the taxi lights soon.  The G3 is very bright compared to the 4596 incandescent.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have more G3 LED landing and taxi lights shipping today with more on order. After installing these on N11GG and getting to utilize them (photos above), they are just fantastic, especially for the money. They are better than the larger PAR-46 Parmetheus Plus LED landing light that is installed on the nose gear of N11GG. 

The G3 is dual voltage (14V/28V) and comes in a PAR-36 size (4.5" diameter). It comes as a taxi light (flood light - approximately 40 degree spread) and a landing light (spot light - approximately 15 degree spread). 

For later model Mooneys I recommend 2 landing and 2 taxi lights. For Mooneys with PAR-36 lamps mounted in the nose I recommend a landing and a taxi light.

https://www.gallagheraviationllc.com/whelen-aircraft-lighting.html <-- Order the G3 here
1-833-425-5288 <-- Call me here
gallagheraviationllc@gmail.com <-- Email me here with questions