I feel your pain...

No matter who the POTUS is there's going to be a 30nm TFR that follows him or her around.  Chicago got one for Obama, Palm Beach gotten for Trump, somewhere else will get one for the next POTUS.  I just hope whoever that is isn't from my home town.  Yes, it does suck, security theatre at its finest.

45 minutes ago, BravoWhiskey said:

I feel for the flight schools that are based within those Zones.  The NJ one during Trump was pretty rough but if you were on that outer ring you may have been lucky enough to get a cutout.  A few still managed to violate the TFR though.  

Not as rough as our TFR here in South Florida, where there former president spent over 250 days at Mar-a-Lago, many of those were weeks at a time during the winter. While my home drome was inside the 30 mile ring, and we pretty much had operations as usual.  Lantana Airport, in the ten mile ring, got hit hard due to a large number of flight schools there.

I don’t think Obama has one in Chicago.....as he is living in DC.....at least I hope there isn’t one as I just flew down the Lake Michigan shoreline today....nothing on not as I could see.  I think he is living in DC area, which apparently isn’t what ex presidents are supposed to do, they are supposed to shut up and go home.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mark89114 said:

I don’t think Obama has one in Chicago.....as he is living in DC.....at least I hope there isn’t one as I just flew down the Lake Michigan shoreline today....nothing on not as I could see.  I think he is living in DC area, which apparently isn’t what ex presidents are supposed to do, they are supposed to shut up and go home.

Past presidents don’t get the privilege, only the current. 

I saw something interesting this week. Two separate FAA notifications that Biden was going to be in two places at the same time. He had his Delaware TFR up on Thursday from noon until Friday at 9:30 PM. At the same time Camp David was active from noon Friday until the 18th. Then suddenly, poof, the Delaware TFR went down at noon on Friday.

That’s been the frustration of living in the inner circle. He changes the times frequently. Makes it really hard.

ef853b42d56a6887963b0faa2d0279bc.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

This is to be expected. When 45 was constantly down here he would make stops along the way in the state and TFR’s were setup before the schedules were set in concrete, resulting in many conflicts and overlapping TFR’s. Then all of a sudden, they changed or disappeared entirely. 

C.. I believe it’s his 18-19th four day weekends, no doubt getting medical assistance at home, source a secret agent friend, although the type treatment is rumored to be for some sort dementia, I had to leave 3 days early for my last trip home today, the prior trip he was scheduled to leave at 4:30 changed at last minute to 2:30 without a clue I landed minutes prior to the ramp freeze. The flight schools in Wilmington are losing weekend revenue about every other weekend. Extremely frustrating. I have a feeling it may end relatively soon.

On 8/14/2021 at 8:30 PM, Danb said:

C.. I believe it’s his 18-19th four day weekends, no doubt getting medical assistance at home, source a secret agent friend, although the type treatment is rumored to be for some sort dementia, I had to leave 3 days early for my last trip home today, the prior trip he was scheduled to leave at 4:30 changed at last minute to 2:30 without a clue I landed minutes prior to the ramp freeze. The flight schools in Wilmington are losing weekend revenue about every other weekend. Extremely frustrating. I have a feeling it may end relatively soon.

So let get this straight.. a friend of yours, who is a secret agent, told you sensitive, classified information and you informed all of us here at MS of it. Is he of the James Bond, George Smiley or Austin Powers type? Any neurologists out there to confirm that anti-dementia treatments are available in Delaware?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/14/2021 at 11:04 AM, Marauder said:

I saw something interesting this week. Two separate FAA notifications that Biden was going to be in two places at the same time. He had his Delaware TFR up on Thursday from noon until Friday at 9:30 PM. At the same time Camp David was active from noon Friday until the 18th. Then suddenly, poof, the Delaware TFR went down at noon on Friday.

That’s been the frustration of living in the inner circle. He changes the times frequently. Makes it really hard.

Generally its the area and then the airport that get TFRd. Its not really a new thing. Its also not him changing times, its the FAA working the notam system. His dates dont really change. 

On 8/14/2021 at 7:30 PM, Danb said:

source a secret agent friend

You can you give me the hook up on the stargate program? 

On 8/12/2021 at 2:57 PM, steingar said:

No matter who the POTUS is there's going to be a 30nm TFR that follows him or her around.  Chicago got one for Obama, Palm Beach gotten for Trump, somewhere else will get one for the next POTUS.  I just hope whoever that is isn't from my home town.  Yes, it does suck, security theatre at its finest.

That is why I can't vote for a President from Fredericksburg, VA.

• Haha 2

On 8/14/2021 at 8:30 PM, Danb said:

11 hours ago, flyboy0681 said:

So let get this straight.. a friend of yours, who is a secret agent, told you sensitive, classified information and you informed all of us here at MS of it. Is he of the James Bond, George Smiley or Austin Powers type? Any neurologists out there to confirm that anti-dementia treatments are available in Delaware?

Glad it seems funny, it wasn’t classified info, merely rumors, this isn’t a political statement I also didn’t mention the agent was working with the Biden’s protection team.

Glad it seems funny, it wasn’t classified info, merely rumors, this isn’t a political statement I also didn’t mention the agent was working with the Biden’s protection team.

Ah come on Dan! (Does that sound like Biden’s “oh come on man!”?). In our personal conversations you have made it clear to me where you are politically and what you are saying is political. I’m not happy about the situation either but I’m not going to promote rumors. Too much of that going around these days.

What is fact? Biden is on public record in that he hates living in the White House. It is another well known fact he is fond of coming back home to Delaware. When he served in Congress he made the trip back to Delaware every day for years. A fact I can verify because, when I rode the trains to Washington it was not usual to see Biden, Arlen Specter and Joe Lieberman on the train with me.

What we were hoping for was he was going to give us some relief by going to his beach house during the summer. He made one trip and that was it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Haha 1

On 8/14/2021 at 9:04 AM, Marauder said:

AFAIK, presidential TFR's are routinely implemented two at a time.  Presumably, allowance for flexibility and obfuscation of POTUS's actual itinerary are both factors

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marauder said:

Ah come on Dan! (Does that sound like Biden’s “oh come on man!”?). In our personal conversations you have made it clear to me where you are politically and what you are saying is political. I’m not happy about the situation either but I’m not going to promote rumors. Too much of that going around these days.

What is fact? Biden is on public record in that he hates living in the White House. It is another well known fact he is fond of coming back home to Delaware. When he served in Congress he made the trip back to Delaware every day for years. A fact I can verify because, when I rode the trains to Washington it was not usual to see Biden, Arlen Specter and Joe Lieberman on the train with me.

What we were hoping for was he was going to give us some relief by going to his beach house during the summer. He made one trip and that was it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Your the best Chris, I’m just not going to drink the cool aid. I do stand by my statement though, we can rap in private regarding my info. As your aware I do know him personally also your aware of my opinions, of which I stand by, you know I’m a straight shooter. By the way I have some stories to talk about my last trip, luckily we survived. Hang in buddy.

On 8/14/2021 at 5:44 AM, flyboy0681 said:

Past presidents don’t get the privilege, only the current. 

There is a permanent TFR over Bush's house in Dallas.  Of course, it's only up to 1,500 feet and doesn't matter much because it's already in the inner ring of the Bravo...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Davidv said:

There is a permanent TFR over Bush's house in Dallas.  Of course, it's only up to 1,500 feet and doesn't matter much because it's already in the inner ring of the Bravo...

When Biden was VP, he had one as well. Always thought it was a weird TFR. 1500 feet and 3 nm across isn't much real estate to provide protection. And I would argue that it makes finding the center pretty easy if you know what to look for on a sectional.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Marauder said:

When Biden was VP, he had one as well. Always thought it was a weird TFR. 1500 feet and 3 nm across isn't much real estate to provide protection. And I would argue that it makes finding the center pretty easy if you know what to look for on a sectional.