M20E with 201 style windshield Glareshield and Instrument Panel Covers

Hey everyone,

I am looking for a glareshield for me 1969 M20E as well as new instrument panel covers. I am wondering if anyone out there has purchased a glareshield that fits correctly with the sloped windshield? I am also looking for a place that has the instrument panel covers. My issue with these are the right hand side looks to be from an F model as my assorted gauges on that side site horizontally versus vertical. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Bob

X2 with Bob's comment. I made a glare shield for our '68C from lexan as I wanted it to extend a little further than the stock glare shield to install an LED light strip on. I also made a panel cover from lexan for the copilot side as the original copilot cover was hanging on it's last leg.

panel.jpg

• Like 1

I bought the plastic overlays from Plane Plastics for my '67F.  They take a lot of fitting, shaping and drilling but they look fine.  See pic.  Since the pic I've installed all the correct placards.  

PANEL copy.JPG

Edited by DCarlton
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/5/2021 at 9:10 PM, apriav said:

Spruce sells an Ashby 201 glairshield that worked great with my windshield mod.

Do you happen to have a picture of the glareshield as installed? I'd love to see it.

Bob