Need someone to rig an M20j in the pacific NW

bmcconnaha

Just got my J out of a service center annual.  It was supposed to be rigged, but it feels worse than when I dropped it off.  The plane flys straight, but the yoke is turned, and the ailerons do the same thing. One up one down in level flight.  Anybody have a recommendation for someone who has rigged their plane from start to finish the correct way (in the pacific NW preferred).  I’d tackle it with my a&p, but we do not have the travel boards.  If I can’t find anyone closer, I’ll head to KNR.  He has a pretty decent article on rigging, so I’m sure it’s an easy project for him, but a long flight for me.  TIA 

43 minutes ago, bmcconnaha said:

Just got my J out of a service center annual.  It was supposed to be rigged, but it feels worse than when I dropped it off.  The plane flys straight, but the yoke is turned, and the ailerons do the same thing. One up one down in level flight.  Anybody have a recommendation for someone who has rigged their plane from start to finish the correct way (in the pacific NW preferred).  I’d tackle it with my a&p, but we do not have the travel boards.  If I can’t find anyone closer, I’ll head to KNR.  He has a pretty decent article on rigging, so I’m sure it’s an easy project for him, but a long flight for me.  TIA 

Greg at Advanced didn’t have travel boards?  Did you try taking it back to him?

After mine was done at Top Gun, they had me do a test flight.  It rolled pretty quickly to the right.  Took about 30 seconds to fix when I got down.  Been straight ever since.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ragsf15e said:

Greg at Advanced didn’t have travel boards?  Did you try taking it back to him?

After mine was done at Top Gun, they had me do a test flight.  It rolled pretty quickly to the right.  Took about 30 seconds to fix when I got down.  Been straight ever since.

What did they do to fix it? Mine isn’t rolling one way or another, the yokes are just crooked and the ailerons go opposite ways in flight.  I’d like to confirm flap rigging before we go bending the aileron trailing edge.  I really think it should be all the way gone through.  I really didn't have time to bring it back today.  Two other issues delayed me leaving with the plane yesterday, and today we left on vacation.  

11 hours ago, carusoam said:

@bmcconnaha check the message above….   ^^^^

How far is Evanston WY, from you?

Best regards,

-a-

KNR was the shop I mentioned in the original post.  Kerry is about 500NM from me, but is about 60 days out from being able to help.  October isn’t great for me, and I’m running very close to an instrument checkride, a d a cross country trip to Kansas and texas.  Was hoping to get it done sooner.  

• Like 1