Rosen Visors Installation on 68 M20C

Hello Mooniacs

I bought a set of Rosen Visors for my 68 M20C, on their website it says it's compatible with 68' models and up, the following installation manual calls to remove existing original Visors, I don't currently have any sun visors in my airplane as shown in the picture, can you advise me on how to install them. 

https://www.rosenvisor.com/store/p106/Mooney.html

Best Regards 

Moustafa

Screenshot_20210730-102333_Photos.jpg

Hmmmmm….

Somewhere along the line…

hardware was put in that corner to mount sunshades… by Mooney…

prior to that…. Different Hardware was used to mount them to the center post…

Good luck with the hunt….

Best regards,

-a-

Not sure about '68, but the visors originally installed in my '67C were mounted to the rectangular channel covering the center post using two pass-through machine screws.  They were removed before we bought her, but you can see where the mount was located.   The Rosen visors use an outboard mount, which will require some modification to the trim, and installation of a mounting point on the tubular steel frame, won't it?

41 minutes ago, 0TreeLemur said:

The Rosen visors use an outboard mount

My 1970 C visors use an outboard mount through the corner of the headliner, from the factory. The '69s should be the same. The OP said that his '68C is supposed to have outboard mounts. I don't know when they changed.

Best wishes for the install! 

3 hours ago, Hank said:

My 1970 C visors use an outboard mount through the corner of the headliner, from the factory. The '69s should be the same. The OP said that his '68C is supposed to have outboard mounts. I don't know when they changed.

Best wishes for the install! 

Rosen Visors said it should be compatible with all Mooneys 68 and up, I sent them an email, but I'm trying to see if other members had installed them, or If I should drill the headliner plastic somewhere to find those mounts. 

7 minutes ago, Janat83 said:

Rosen Visors said it should be compatible with all Mooneys 68 and up, I sent them an email, but I'm trying to see if other members had installed them, or If I should drill the headliner plastic somewhere to find those mounts. 

The plastic window liner and headliner come out easy.  Take them out and see what's behind.  Maybe there is a mounting hardpoint and the headliner needs a few holes drilled.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Janat83 said:

The headliner is easy to remove. Then you'll know where to drill.

• Like 1

The screws did work, turned out just headliner glue material was stuffed in there, had to clean them, so just to confirm for everyone, Mooney did added those brackets on 68 and up airframes but it was an option to have the sun visors itself, mine didn't had the sun visors but it did had the bracket on the steel cage, as you see the Rosen Visors are looking very nice now, I bought them from oshkosh and saved 10% +shipping and tax, came around $420 total. 

My home airport using runway 26 and coming to land before sunset feels like you're flying LIFR, I hope those Visors will solve the issue. 

Thank you all for your helpm

20210802_100136.jpg

20210802_100130.jpg

20210802_100114.jpg

• Like 2

Nice work Janat!

Great pirep!

Fantastic pics!

Looks like a professional install!

Mooney was really good at leaving upgrades in waiting…

Inside the seats, are the supports for headrests…. Ready for modern automotive headrests… :)

Go MS!

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1