Tenacity over capability. 7 crashes in 7 days.

Most extreme Get-home-itis story I've ever read. But very unusual to see such a happy ending!

"But Collier said the Seawind wasn't insured. And the experience was so traumatic, he doesn't see himself piloting an airplane again."

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Anyone else?

This might involve a north Atlantic crossing:

logo_194983_1619019502.pngSEAWIND 3000 QUICK KIT • $95,000 • PROJECT FOR SALE • Up for sale is a well progressed Seawind 3000 quick build kit. Work performed has been done with no expenses spared and to the highest standard. Engine is a Lycoming IO-540-K1B5 with 0:00 hrs TSO, the engine has been preserved and stored in humidity controlled environment. We will for additional cost crate aircraft in a 40 feet container for shipping world wide. This is a great opportunity to get an aircraft you can finalize to your personal request. We will provide all necessary information to interested buyers and detailed pictures or video, please contact us on email for any questions.  VISIT MY WEBSITE • Contact Havard Dale - SKYFALK AS , Broker - located Bergen, NO Norway  Telephone: 004795250103 • Posted July 7, 2021 • Show all Ads posted by this Advertiser • Recommend This Ad to a Friend • Email Advertiser • Save to Watchlist • Report This Ad • View Larger Images

:ph34r:

8 hours ago, kortopates said:

"But Collier said the Seawind wasn't insured. And the experience was so traumatic, he doesn't see himself piloting an airplane again."

"After blowing off three fingers and four toes, he decided to reconsider his homemade fireworks hobby."

• Haha 2

Skip just earned the subtle understatement of the year award!

One is a good odd number to stop after…

Collect some thoughts, check a few things, fix things properly, get your head out of where it doesn’t belong… while getting your head where it does belong…. Maybe even get some actual transition training to go with that….

Done properly, it may take a few weeks just to fix the physical damage…

:)

If there was a reason to skip all of the expenses related to doing it the right way…   The cost of doing it this way was a lost 90amu plane… that was reported to be uninsured…

Too many loose ends not tied down with this one…

Best regards,

-a-

12 hours ago, Smiles201 said:

He appears to be demented. Did I see age 88? He had just enough cognitive ability to buy and fly, to some extent, everything else shows poor judgment, and foggy thinking skills. 

Seller was 88…Buyer (pilot) was about 9, mentally.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, thinwing said:

I kinda have to hand it to the guy..he is fearless...ive had one ride in a seawind.....with one water landing...i was terrified ,and i was with an expert pilot with lighting reflexs....definitely an accident waiting to happen

Didn't wait very long . . . .  :ph34r:

• 1 year later...