SOLD - The Time Has Come...

StevenL757

...to part ways with the Ovation3 that I love and cherish - sometimes more than life itself.  Like many of us in this position, family/personal and work situations have changed (mainly for the better), and "it's now that time".

My goal - and some may say I'm being unreasonable - is for this airplane to go to a truly-dedicated current or future Ovation pilot who will carry on my legacy of impeccable maintenance and pedigree.  It needs to be hangared, maintained, and treated as a priority in someone's life by someone with the means to do so.  Anything less - I politely suggest looking elsewhere or considering another airplane.  What many don't know about me is that I happen to be very particular about who owns these airplanes, how they're flown, and how they're maintained.  It's a fault that I openly admit, but one for which I offer no apology.

Having said that, and climbing down off my soapbox, have a read through the description, look at the pictures, and reach out if you have additional questions.  Taking out the "emotional value" that many of us feel in a position like this, my asking price is based on several inputs from the professional community as of late, as well as valuation tools available to all of us.  It does not necessarily reflect the volatility of the market as we've all observed today.

I have just started scanning logbooks, and need a few more days to complete them, so I will update here (and/or update anyone directly who reaches out and asks for them) when they are ready to be sent out.

Thanks for looking, and please reach out with questions...preferably via PM, and we can chat via e-mail or phone or both moving forward.

-Steve

N2145X Full Spec Sheet

1. No damage history – No corrosion – Hangared since new – One previous owner (who also hangared the airplane since new)
  2. 1851 TTAF – Complete logs since new
  3. Engine – 826 since factory reman (Continental IO550-N8B 310HP, 2700RPM, 2200-hour TBO) (installed 6/2014)
  4. Prop – 826 since new Hartzell PHC-J3YF-1RF /F7498 (Acclaim Type-S) (installed 6/2014)
  5. Garmin G500Txi with synthetic vision + Jeppesen ChartView unlock (installed 2/2021)
  6. Garmin GTN750xi + Jeppesen ChartView unlock (installed 7/2020)
  7. Garmin GTN650xi (installed 7/2020)
  8. Garmin GFC500 autopilot (4 servos – pitch, roll, pitch trim, yaw damper) (installed 2/2021)
  9. Garmin GI275 ADAHRS backup ADI (installed 2/2021)
  10. Garmin GDL69 XM weather
  11. Garmin GSB15 dual USB charger – 3.0A ports (installed 7/2020)
  12. L3-Harris Lynx NGT9000+
    1. Mode-S Extended Squitter (ES)
    2. ADSB 978 and 1090 In/Out
    3. TCAS/TAS/Active Traffic
  13. JPI EDM930 engine monitor (installed 7/2020)
  14. CIES digital fuel senders
  15. PS Engineering PMA-450A audio panel
  16. Bose/LEMO plugs at all four seats
  17. Mid-Continent MD-93 digital clock
  18. TKS known ice-equipped (windscreen, prop, heated stall warn, ice light, 20A standby alternator).  Standby Alternator new in April 2021.
  19. PreciseFlight speed brakes
  20. All Whelen (WAT) LED lighting:
    1. OR650E wingtip white anti-collision + NAV (ACL portion synced with “b.”)
    2. OR500 tail white anti-collision + position (ACL portion synced with “a.”)
    3. Model #90724 lower red anti-collision beacon
    4. Parmetheus Pro landing lights
    5. Model #78013 baggage light
    6. A508-24 wingtip trailing-edge lights (non-WAT product)
  21. Reiff TurboXP full engine heater + oil cooler heater strip option
  22. White LED glareshield lighting with Max-Dim LED panel controls
  23. Full exhaust system and muffler proactively rebuilt by Acorn (12/2019)
  24. 115cf Scott 4-place oxygen system – current Kevlar bottle good for 10+ years (15-year life)
  25. Two Concorde RG24-15M batteries (#1 new in 11/2020, #2 new in 5/2020)
  26. Acclaim Type-S flap gap seals (installed 5/2021)
  27. New UV grey main windscreen (installed 1/2021)
  28. New GEE BEE Aero Products silicone cabin door seal (installed 5/2021)
  29. New Rosen sun visors (installed 3/2021)
  30. Medeco high-security locks on both main and baggage doors
  31. Iridium fine wire spark plugs installed since engine was zero-time + Gold Seal ignition harness
  32. 25 to 30-hour oil changes with regular analysis and clean history
  33. Paint 8.5/10, Interior 8.5/10
  34. All annuals since 2012 by Brian Kendrick – San Marcos, TX
  35. Useful Load – 1006 lbs.

Additional Notes:

• Fresh annual by B. Kendrick done 5/2021
  • 91.411/91.413 IFR certifications next due 2/2023
  • Redline Aviation “Sidewinder” tow bar, 2 batteries, charger, and storage bag included
  • Start-Pac 24V portable power supply + Kennon full cockpit cover included
  • 3/4 full barrel of TKS-406B fluid with over a year before expiration date

OFFERING AT $274,500 OR BEST OFFER

Exterior.jpeg

Rear.jpeg

Nose.jpeg

Front.jpeg

Left Front.jpeg

LandTaxi Lights.jpeg

Left Wingtip Lighting.jpeg

Door.jpeg

Cold-Dark Cockpit.jpeg

Cockpit Powered.jpeg

Overhead.jpeg

Engine.JPG

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

@StevenL757 Someone is going to get a great airplane!

If anyone is even remotely looking for a Mooney in this price range, I'd run, not walk, to give Steven your money (and convince him to sell it to you) with this level of equipment and maintenance by Brian Kendrick.

Any other planes in your immediate future?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For that price this plane is a steal. a usable useful load, FIKI, Fast acclaim prop, $100K+ panel, perfect timed engine (not to high time but also not brand new), and a plane that has actually been flown +30 hours in the last 3 months. They don't come better than this. This will make a very happy owner.

• Thanks 1

On 7/29/2021 at 6:24 PM, Davidv said:

Any other planes in your immediate future?

I'm looking at the C340-C421, and also the C425 Conquest 1.  Quite a bit of time in the Conquest, but can't really justify the long-term operating costs.  Pound for pound, I'm leaning heavily toward the C340A.  Flown the 58 Baron quite a bit, and the roominess in the front seat with even a smaller pax (I'm 6'4" and on the slender side) is still pretty crowded.  Pressurization and rear boarding stairs in the C-series are a real plus, among other features.  I'll be able to do a lot more Angel Flights, which I enjoy.

• Like 3

This is truly a forever plane. Sorry to see you move on Steve. When a potential buyer prebuys the owner, he will get a stellar report on you and how you have cared for this beauty. I have already sent this page to a couple of guys I know who have tire kicked getting an O3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/29/2021 at 4:13 PM, StevenL757 said:

...to part ways with the Ovation3 that I love and cherish - sometimes more than life itself.  Like many of us in this position, family/personal and work situations have changed (mainly for the better), and "it's now that time".

My goal - and some may say I'm being unreasonable - is for this airplane to go to a truly-dedicated current or future Ovation pilot who will carry on my legacy of impeccable maintenance and pedigree.  It needs to be hangared, maintained, and treated as a priority in someone's life by someone with the means to do so.  Anything less - I politely suggest looking elsewhere or considering another airplane.  What many don't know about me is that I happen to be very particular about who owns these airplanes, how they're flown, and how they're maintained.  It's a fault that I openly admit, but one for which I offer no apology.

Having said that, and climbing down off my soapbox, have a read through the description, look at the pictures, and reach out if you have additional questions.  Taking out the "emotional value" that many of us feel in a position like this, my asking price is based on several inputs from the professional community as of late, as well as valuation tools available to all of us.  It does not necessarily reflect the volatility of the market as we've all observed today.

I have just started scanning logbooks, and need a few more days to complete them, so I will update here (and/or update anyone directly who reaches out and asks for them) when they are ready to be sent out.

Thanks for looking, and please reach out with questions...preferably via PM, and we can chat via e-mail or phone or both moving forward.

-Steve

N2145X Full Spec Sheet

1. No damage history – No corrosion – Hangared since new – One previous owner (who also hangared the airplane since new)
  2. 1851 TTAF – Complete logs since new
  3. Engine – 826 since factory reman (Continental IO550-N8B 310HP, 2700RPM, 2200-hour TBO) (installed 6/2014)
  4. Prop – 826 since new Hartzell PHC-J3YF-1RF /F7498 (Acclaim Type-S) (installed 6/2014)
  5. Garmin G500Txi with synthetic vision + Jeppesen ChartView unlock (installed 2/2021)
  6. Garmin GTN750xi + Jeppesen ChartView unlock (installed 7/2020)
  7. Garmin GTN650xi (installed 7/2020)
  8. Garmin GFC500 autopilot (4 servos – pitch, roll, pitch trim, yaw damper) (installed 2/2021)
  9. Garmin GI275 ADAHRS backup ADI (installed 2/2021)
  10. Garmin GDL69 XM weather
  11. Garmin GSB15 dual USB charger – 3.0A ports (installed 7/2020)
  12. L3-Harris Lynx NGT9000+
    1. Mode-S Extended Squitter (ES)
    2. ADSB 978 and 1090 In/Out
    3. TCAS/TAS/Active Traffic
  13. JPI EDM930 engine monitor (installed 7/2020)
  14. CIES digital fuel senders
  15. PS Engineering PMA-450A audio panel
  16. Bose/LEMO plugs at all four seats
  17. Mid-Continent MD-93 digital clock
  18. TKS known ice-equipped (windscreen, prop, heated stall warn, ice light, 20A standby alternator).  Standby Alternator new in April 2021.
  19. PreciseFlight speed brakes
  20. All Whelen (WAT) LED lighting:
    1. OR650E wingtip white anti-collision + NAV (ACL portion synced with “b.”)
    2. OR500 tail white anti-collision + position (ACL portion synced with “a.”)
    3. Model #90724 lower red anti-collision beacon
    4. Parmetheus Pro landing lights
    5. Model #78013 baggage light
    6. A508-24 wingtip trailing-edge lights (non-WAT product)
  21. Reiff TurboXP full engine heater + oil cooler heater strip option
  22. White LED glareshield lighting with Max-Dim LED panel controls
  23. Full exhaust system and muffler proactively rebuilt by Acorn (12/2019)
  24. 115cf Scott 4-place oxygen system – current Kevlar bottle good for 10+ years (15-year life)
  25. Two Concorde RG24-15M batteries (#1 new in 11/2020, #2 new in 5/2020)
  26. Acclaim Type-S flap gap seals (installed 5/2021)
  27. New UV grey main windscreen (installed 1/2021)
  28. New GEE BEE Aero Products silicone cabin door seal (installed 5/2021)
  29. New Rosen sun visors (installed 3/2021)
  30. Medeco high-security locks on both main and baggage doors
  31. Iridium fine wire spark plugs installed since engine was zero-time + Gold Seal ignition harness
  32. 25 to 30-hour oil changes with regular analysis and clean history
  33. Paint 8.5/10, Interior 8.5/10
  34. All annuals since 2012 by Brian Kendrick – San Marcos, TX
  35. Useful Load – 1006 lbs.

Additional Notes:

• Fresh annual by B. Kendrick done 5/2021
  • 91.411/91.413 IFR certifications next due 2/2023
  • Redline Aviation “Sidewinder” tow bar, 2 batteries, charger, and storage bag included
  • Start-Pac 24V portable power supply + Kennon full cockpit cover included
  • 3/4 full barrel of TKS-406B fluid with over a year before expiration date

OFFERING AT $274,500 OR BEST OFFER

Exterior.jpeg

Rear.jpeg

Nose.jpeg

Front.jpeg

Left Front.jpeg

LandTaxi Lights.jpeg

Left Wingtip Lighting.jpeg

Door.jpeg

Cold-Dark Cockpit.jpeg

Cockpit Powered.jpeg

Overhead.jpeg

Engine.JPG

StevenL757

I just sent you a direct message. We share the same passion for aviation I'm certain and I'd love to be a part of the discussion. I'm leaving Oshkosh today so I'm sorry for the delays in reply but I look forward to discussing further.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Gagarin said:

Beautiful airplane but no pilot relief venturi neither long range tanks neither HF radio that I have on my M20J for ocean crossing.

I feel like this comment is somewhat pointless. While were at it, steven shouldve installed some 29"  bushwheels. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/30/2021 at 8:35 PM, StevenL757 said:

I'm looking at the C340-C421, and also the C425 Conquest 1.  Quite a bit of time in the Conquest, but can't really justify the long-term operating costs.  Pound for pound, I'm leaning heavily toward the C340A.  Flown the 58 Baron quite a bit, and the roominess in the front seat with even a smaller pax (I'm 6'4" and on the slender side) is still pretty crowded.  Pressurization and rear boarding stairs in the C-series are a real plus, among other features.  I'll be able to do a lot more Angel Flights, which I enjoy.

I’d vote for a C model 421 over a 340. 

Clarence

1 hour ago, StevenL757 said:

Interesting.  For what main reason(s)?  It might stimulate some re-think on my part...

I’ve looked after both models for years, in fact a pair of C models for more than 25 years.  

Simpler to maintain.

Larger more comfortable cabin, quieter cabin due to slower turning propellers.

Larger cockpit, 6” wider.

Larger nose baggage compartment.

Simpler landing gear hydraulic landing gear versus electro mechanical, same wheels an brakes.

Simpler fuel system with wet wings versus bladders, two fuel pumps versus five plus.

Geared engines are just as reliable if flown by one pilot/owner.  My longest term C model has gone 2200 hours for both engines.  

Simpler easy to maintain more reliable exhaust system

Both share similar cruise fuel burn, the C model is 375 HP, the 340 with RAM upgrades is 335HP at take off.

Same cabin heater, same cabin air conditioner, same/similar cabin pressurization systems.

Clarence

Hey Steve! Very Surprised you’re selling! Can’t imagine what it would cost to update a Cessna twin up to the level of your Ovation! Price is insane! New owner won’t have to put any money in. Garmin electronics should still be under warranty. GLWS!

Edited by V1VRV2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/31/2021 at 12:44 PM, Niko182 said:

I feel like this comment is somewhat pointless. While were at it, steven shouldve installed some 29"  bushwheels. 

I would say the relief tube comment is a long-running gag on this site, except I think he's serious.

But he does know a thing or two about the long-range tanks...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• StevenL757 changed the title to UNDER CONTRACT - The Time Has Come...