Transition training in vicinity of Fullerton, CA

as350

I'm moving closer to owning my first Mooney M20F. While the purchase process is going through its motions, I'd like to get a headstart and receive some type specific ground and flight training from a knowledgeable CFI and Mooney owner. I will be near Fullerton, CA over the next couple of weeks, so anything in that area including Long Beach, Bracket, Cable, Ontario, Riverside, John Wayne, San Bernardino, etc. would suit my needs. If this is something that would work for you or you know someone that would be interested, please let me know. Thanks.

4 minutes ago, as350 said:

I'm moving closer to owning my first Mooney M20F. While the purchase process is going through its motions, I'd like to get a headstart and receive some type specific ground and flight training from a knowledgeable CFI and Mooney owner. I will be near Fullerton, CA over the next couple of weeks, so anything in that area including Long Beach, Bracket, Cable, Ontario, Riverside, John Wayne, San Bernardino, etc. would suit my needs. If this is something that would work for you or you know someone that would be interested, please let me know. Thanks.

Jay Mason Is great for Mooneys. I'm also in John Wayne and more than happy to go flying if you want to sit right seat and get comfortable with the area. It not an M20E, but its still a Mooney.

Niko, thanks for the offer to go for a spin. I might take you up on it. I fly in OC so am pretty familiar with the area but always enjoy being a passenger and learning something new. Also thanks for the member recommendation. I'll reach out to him.

I specialize in Mooney Transition training and am nearby in San Diego and have trained a lot of new owners in the LA Basin and beyond. But i don’t know of any Mooney CFI’s that train in their own planes.
That said, SMO, CNO and OKB have various Mooney’s for rent with clubs/schools you can get instruction in with their instructors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 7/27/2021 at 8:26 PM, kortopates said:

I specialize in Mooney Transition training and am nearby in San Diego and have trained a lot of new owners in the LA Basin and beyond. But i don’t know of any Mooney CFI’s that train in their own planes.
That said, SMO, CNO and OKB have various Mooney’s for rent with clubs/schools you can get instruction in with their instructors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, that what I'm realizing. I found a flight school in Chino that has a M20B and am trying to get a few hours with them before I pick up my airplane. I'll keep you in mind once I'm looking for more advanced training down the road.

2 hours ago, as350 said:

Thanks, that what I'm realizing. I found a flight school in Chino that has a M20B and am trying to get a few hours with them before I pick up my airplane. I'll keep you in mind once I'm looking for more advanced training down the road.

No worry's but if you're doing this in the hope of more favorable insurance rates a couple hours in a B model shortbody won't make any difference in your insurance rates for a F mid-body. I'd save your money and put it towards your new F. It'll take over a 100 hrs in type before your iniital rates goes down. Transition training isn't advanced either but it should be thorough covering all the systems, equipment and procedures in your bird.  

• Like 1