Plastic covering on Trim, Flap, Rudder Indicators

tls pilot

Mine are not delaminated, but they just seem to be very dark. I guess it’s possible that the material is separated but not into separate sherts. I ordered the “legend”(s) as they’re called from Top Gun. I also ordered my annunciator legend from International Avionics. 

5 hours ago, tls pilot said:

Any Bravo owners

We have noticed the thin film on each indicator looks like is wants to bubble or de laminate.

Has anyone attempted to peel this film layer off?

No pics, sorry

Thanks

When that film separates it's time to replace the lens. It looks horrible without the film.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, tls pilot said:

Lance are the lenses available?

How difficult is the change out? Does it involve the entire indicator or just the lens?

Thank you 

Not easy but not hard. They are only held in by four screws but getting behind the panel is tough if not impossible. Maybe you can remove the glare-shield and get to the flap/trim indicator. I was going to try to replace the rudder trim indicator to see if it was accessible from under the panel, guessing it isn't.

IMG_3708.thumb.jpg.b510fb98a29a7c01111b54ac56a44d73.jpg

40 minutes ago, tls pilot said:

Lance are the lenses available?

How difficult is the change out? Does it involve the entire indicator or just the lens?

Thank you 

Any Mooney Service Center can order the lenses for you. They aren't cheap. If I remember correctly somewhere between $50 and $100 for each.

The trim and flaps indicator is one lens and is the easiest to get to. After removing the glareshield and removing the 4 screws there'a a connector to remove. Swap lenses, re-connect the connector and screw it back in place. The lenses seem to be good for about 20 years.

• Thanks 1