Oshkosh, Arriving in '62 C probably Tuesday, best place to park?

All you OSH experts out there, do you think that airplane camping spots will be available?
Is Vintage Camping the way to go?

And, what's the deal with the judged competitions. Looking through the documents it looks like I'd be in the Contemporary Customized category -- We rebuilt this Mooney substantially over the last year, it is nice now but interior and panel needs work. Is the competition kind of a "just for fun" thing or is it frowned upon to enter something you know is not top notch? 

Hi Cogboxer,

As I'm sure you know the camping spots are first come, first serve.  If you sign up for their text message updates (which I'd recommend), you will get arrival, campground and weather information.  Tough to say if spots will be available when you arrive but I think you'll be ok.  Thursday AM is a big turnover, the people that arrived earlier in the week stay for the Wednesday night show then pack up Thursday AM, and if the weather is favorable there will be a flow of new people to fill those spots so the place is always busy.

I'll be camping with my airplane in the Vintage area and hosting a table in the Vintage Hangar for the Culver Cadet, should be arriving Saturday or Sunday.  I'll keep an eye out for you and other fellow Mooneyspacers!

Oh, and the judging, they will encourage you to participate no matter what condition your airplane is in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The judging competition has been won by a couple of MSers in the past…

You never know what the competition is going to bring…

One MSer @Bob_Belville won with his M20E… that was getting upgrades quarterly…. There are pics in his collection….

Bob’s plane looked brand new when sitting next to a new Acclaim…

Bring it!

:)

Best regards,

-a-

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Culver LFA said:

I'll be camping with my airplane in the Vintage area and hosting a table in the Vintage Hangar for the Culver Cadet, should be arriving Saturday or Sunday.  I'll keep an eye out for you and other fellow Mooneyspacers!

Oh, and the judging, they will encourage you to participate no matter what condition your airplane is in.

Thanks! That's good to know. We're planning on staying pretty flexible so if we got diverted for a day that'd be ok too. 

So I'm trying to go as well, but we can't leave Texas till Thursday morning.  What happens if you get there and there is no camping left? I don't exactly want to turn around and head home....

Additionally, is there anything you need to do in advanced but be an EAA member (other than read all the arrival information)?