Finally found/made an option for my headset

flyingchump

So I've had my E for over a year now and never found a good place to store my headset.  Best option I found was putting them on the floor close to the rudder peddles.  Not a great option but it allowed me to get in and out without getting tangled.

I printed out a hanger I modeled that will slip over the top of the wall panel.  I also printed out a mount for my headset controller. 

Now everything is nice and cleanly tucked away.  I can get in, adjust my seat, and attach my seatbelt without my headset getting in the way.

PXL_20210718_164407908.jpg

PXL_20210718_164358014.jpg

PXL_20210718_164351345.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, flyingchump said:

So I've had my E for over a year now and never found a good place to store my headset.  Best option I found was putting them on the floor close to the rudder peddles.  Not a great option but it allowed me to get in and out without getting tangled.

I printed out a hanger I modeled that will slip over the top of the wall panel.  I also printed out a mount for my headset controller. 

Now everything is nice and cleanly tucked away.  I can get in, adjust my seat, and attach my seatbelt without my headset getting in the way.

PXL_20210718_164407908.jpg

PXL_20210718_164358014.jpg

PXL_20210718_164351345.jpg

Was that stress crack there before you mounted that bracket or because of that backet?

2E2EBD85-A920-450F-B554-420B1273CEAE.jpeg

Your headset hook looks to be in a good position.  Does it clip over the carpet edge holding it on mechanically?   If so, would you be willing to print out a copy for me?  Please let me know if you could do so.

John Breda

3 hours ago, Will.iam said:

Was that stress crack there before you mounted that bracket or because of that backet?

That crack was already there.   Whatever yahoo did the interior carpet and wall panels last was a dumbass...  I took the entire interior out over winter and fixed all the shit the last guy did wrong...  Took forever.  The plastics were pretty good (with a few small exceptions like the crack you pointed out) but the wall panels were awful.  They were all attached poorly leading to warping and stress cracks.  Now its all done right and the only things that bothers me are small problems like where to put my headset... ;) 

The bracket actually helps keep the crack stable.

A few minutes with fiberglass mat… and ABS glues can hold that crack together nicely from behind…

There is plenty of detail around here… :)

Expect the crack to grow without some form of support…

PP thoughts only…

Best regards,

-a-

2 hours ago, M20F-1968 said:

Your headset hook looks to be in a good position.  Does it clip over the carpet edge holding it on mechanically?   If so, would you be willing to print out a copy for me?  Please let me know if you could do so.

John Breda

The position is good.  I can sit with the seat in any position and my knees/legs won't hit my headset.  I could print out a few but keep in mind I designed for this to work with my interior panels (airtex wall panels).  If you have a different interior... results my vary.

1 hour ago, Culver LFA said:

Please offer these for sale, I'd really like a set for mine!

I hadn't considered it... but hell.  Why not.

Anything to help pay for gas.  I'll have to look into selling.

throw a price at me.

Edited by flyingchump