201 Hard Landing

I’m no accident investigator but I think it would take a lot of energy to run off the right side of the runway, then back across the runway and exit on the left side, then go thru the grass to the spot where it stopped moving.....All of this with a collapsed right landing gear. 

It’s likely that the pilot’s report doesn’t actually cover what happened….

He may have arrived on scene a few seconds after the plane did…. :)

It would be cool if he were here… and could recall how many bounces it takes to pile drive the nose wheel into the pavement…

Three bounces is the average number for a prop strike…

One bounce is enough to power up and go around…

Two bounces usually happens when you are a touch slow on the decision making…

Three bounces means you didn’t decide… and the wild ride has already begun…

Short runways like KBID…. Make late decisions more painful…

And the desire to force the landing more powerful…

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N58066

Recovering this plane from that spot is going to be interesting….

I wasn’t there, so…

This is the type of damage caused by improper speed control on a short runway…

PP thoughts only…

Best regards,

-a-

• Haha 1

On 7/19/2021 at 12:40 AM, carusoam said:

He may have arrived on scene a few seconds after the plane did…. :)

A number of Air Traffic Controllers I knew always told me that most Mooney’s have two radar echos.  The first is the plane, then a few miles behind was the pilot.

I’m sure they didn’t mean anyone here though!

Clarence

I thought the mid air was the summit ???   Anyway , I had to piss at Block Island , and I was multitasking pissing , and evaluating , That plane was destroyed BIG TIME , whoever landed that thing , spent some time at the Chiropractor , IT IS THAT BAD....

17 hours ago, Alan Fox said:

I thought the mid air was the summit ???   Anyway , I had to piss at Block Island , and I was multitasking pissing , and evaluating , That plane was destroyed BIG TIME , whoever landed that thing , spent some time at the Chiropractor , IT IS THAT BAD....

This was the midair, the Caravan going into Oshkosh. Have a quick read, it's all there in the first post.

Read the whole thread, find out what accountability has been accepted and what remediation was done. There are many curious folks here who want to know the answers to those two issues, but have been unable to find out . . . . .

9 hours ago, Hank said:

This was the midair, the Caravan going into Oshkosh. Have a quick read, it's all there in the first post.

Read the whole thread, find out what accountability has been accepted and what remediation was done. There are many curious folks here who want to know the answers to those two issues, but have been unable to find out . . . . .

• Haha 1