Oshkosh...Can't wait

mooneygirl

Breaking News: For the first time in a decade I will not be arriving to Oshkosh in a Mooney. I will be flying right seat with Dr. Brent Blue [MD/AME] in his beautiful 1942 Noorduyn Norseman. The Norseman is a Canadian single-engine bush aircraft, produced by Noorduyn Aircraft from 1935 to 1959. The aircraft was used for both civil and military purposes. In Norway the Norseman was especially important as an air ambulance and light transport aircraft along the coast, in the years after WWII.

We have some fun stops along the way... Casper, WY, Mason City IA for the Third Thursday Fly-In, hoping for Rock the Ramp in Middleton, WI and then on into #OSH21. I hope to get to OSH in front of the Caravan to announce their arrival.

Look for updates and photos along the way. I have never flown a radial engine and only have 20 minutes of tail-wheel time, but what they hey--- say yes to adventure and opportunity. While I may surely miss my #MooneyZoom it will be fun to see my aviation family along the way and at Oshkosh.

DCDA877E-3F69-4AC5-BF4F-7BC764550FF9.thumb.jpeg.4ec0134ff7064228de5bf053ecb466b9.jpeg

2A731ED6-68DD-4199-A7EA-8892EF5DFDC7_1_105_c.jpeg

AD877B78-D300-4F4C-AE7C-25C535F5A8E6_1_105_c.jpeg

80E7D0E2-0493-4C82-93CC-CA4820484A9E_1_105_c.jpeg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, kortopates said:

sounds like fun! i was thinking low and slow - till i saw the panel pic. that’s a turbo charged radial - i assume not that far from Mooney speeds! Looking forward to seeing lots of picts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I understand 600 hp.  Plans at 95kts GS, 30 gallons per hour.  It will be a lot of fun. Day VFR only.  We both will have ipad and Sentry too. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you would like to check out my AOPA: seminar on the psychology of personal flight minimums from Oshkosh, follow this link:

Thank you to our door prize sponsors King Schools, LIFT Aviation, Lightspeed Aviation and PilotSafety.org

F6D24A13-026B-4EC0-9FDE-F20C9CB5ED0F_1_105_c.jpeg