New Interior

If Mooney is not making the interior parts you want you might be able to find the  at a salvage yard and then reupholster as required.  I would think the new parts would fit the older Bravos but it might take a few changes to the airframe to accommodate for new attach brackets.  I like the new style interior in my 99 Bravo. 

2 hours ago, Patrick Horan said:

I believe after 1997/1998 Mooney switched all Bravos to a different type of interior similar to the ovation/ acclaim. Is it possible to buy a older bravo and have that interior retrofit in the plane?

Go to aerocomfort in TX or aircraft designs in CA and just update the interior. Itll be better than the factory new of a late 90s bravo.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Patrick Horan said:

I believe after 1997/1998 Mooney switched all Bravos to a different type of interior similar to the ovation/ acclaim. Is it possible to buy a older bravo and have that interior retrofit in the plane?

Mooney changed the interior in the Bravo to the new fiberglass side panels toward the end of the 1994 model year (same year the Ovation was introduced).  Serial number 181 was the 1st, then 184 and from that point on until the end of the Bravo run. 

I have serial number 150 but had Hector at AeroComfort cover the royalite panels in ultraleather and its almost as nice as the later fiberglass interiors. One thing I like better on the newer Bravo interiors with the fiberglass side panels was that they put all of the lighting switches overhead and freed up instrument panel space.

• Like 1

Anyone have any thoughts or comments on Air Mods at Clermont County Airport (I69)?  (Yes, where Sporty's is located.)

Had a friend recommend them a while ago and I'm at the point now that I need to get on someones waiting list.

There is an ovation getting parted out in Europe….

See if its interior panels are available….

If you are building a foreverplane Bravo…. Have these interior parts delivered to Hector…. Along with your chairs….

Expect a miracle to happen…

:)

PP thoughts only, not a mechanic…

Best regards,

-a-

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LANCECASPER said:

Mooney changed the interior in the Bravo to the new fiberglass side panels toward the end of the 1994 model year (same year the Ovation was introduced).  Serial number 181 was the 1st, then 184 and from that point on until the end of the Bravo run. 

I have serial number 150 but had Hector at AeroComfort cover the royalite panels in ultraleather and its almost as nice as the later fiberglass interiors. One thing I like better on the newer Bravo interiors with the fiberglass side panels was that they put all of the lighting switches overhead and freed up instrument panel space.

That was the main thing i was looking for if i can redo it. I want those light on the overhead, also the oxygen dial is a little different. I like it more on the newer style. I dont really care for the actual seat design as much as i want those upper panel lights and all that.

2 hours ago, StevenL757 said:

Ditto for AeroComfort.  Not the cheapest by any stretch, but extremely good quality stuff.

Thank you, like i said before. I mainly want the new overhead lights. I don't care for much of the interior quality. I just like the placement of certain things. I believe the air vents and oxygen switch are also completely different aswell on the new style. Something that is not just an interior refurbishment. Though i could be wrong.

That was part of the reason i was wondering if Mooney sold a retro fit kit

It is quite possible that Mooney has parts in inventory…

That would be an interesting phone call to make…

Hard to say how much of the older interior parts are still around, or what it takes to make more…

The newer planes have some variations to the interior because of the second door… :)

Best regards,

-a-

Just now, carusoam said:

It is quite possible that Mooney has parts in inventory…

That would be an interesting phone call to make…

Hard to say how much of the older interior parts are still around, or what it takes to make more…

The newer planes have some variations to the interior because of the second door… :)

Best regards,

-a-

You are alway helpful on this forum. Thank you so much! 

This isn't a firm decision yet. I am just looking at options. Since it appears that Monroy doesn't make the extended tanks. That is our main priority.

We are looking at cheaper bravos and spending money to outfit it to our spec. Or just might go for an Acclaim. Like I said, i am just looking at options.

Thanks again!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Patrick Horan said:

You are alway helpful on this forum. Thank you so much! 

This isn't a firm decision yet. I am just looking at options. Since it appears that Monroy doesn't make the extended tanks. That is our main priority.

We are looking at cheaper bravos and spending money to outfit it to our spec. Or just might go for an Acclaim. Like I said, i am just looking at options.

Thanks again!

Mooney did the "extended" tanks by changes to the filler neck. Jose Monroy did the "long range" tanks by adding a bay.