In the market for a new bird

AKRAY

Hello all I am a previous Beechcraft owner, now I seek a Mooney M20E, M20F or M20J 1970's to 80's.  I am not afraid of high time engines.

I prefer individual sellers.  My budget is up to $60K.  Thank you in advance for your help.

Thank you for your i

9 hours ago, ArtVandelay said:

You don’t want a J priced below $60k unless you have another $60k at the ready.

Understood, I believe any budget bird requires $$,$$$.  

8 hours ago, KLRDMD said:

I don't think that budget will get you into something (worthwhile) in the 70s or 80s. I'm thinking that's a mid to late 1960s airplane budget.

A slightly neglected bird in need of restoration or upgrade works.  Maybe a very high time engine is preferable.

Welcome aboard Akray…

Your request isn’t making financial sense…

You could easily leave the dollar values out, and surprise fewer MSers with what you are trying to achieve…

What do you know about what you want?

1) Airframe, a 60amu M20J will need a lot more than an engine..

2) panel, a 60amu panel is pretty nice, but doesn’t come with a plane…

3) Paint and interior.  

4) Air Worthiness

Can i sum up your request wit…

I would like the best run-out Mooney available for 60amu… must be in AW condition, aka currently in annual…

The current market has brought every bucket of bolts to the surface… including in the Brand B world.

Select wisely…

Best regards,

-a-

9 minutes ago, carusoam said:

Welcome aboard Akray…

Your request isn’t making financial sense…

You could easily leave the dollar values out, and surprise fewer MSers with what you are trying to achieve…

What do you know about what you want?

1) Airframe, a 60amu M20J will need a lot more than an engine..

2) panel, a 60amu panel is pretty nice, but doesn’t come with a plane…

3) Paint and interior.  

4) Air Worthiness

Can i sum up your request wit…

I would like the best run-out Mooney available for 60amu… must be in AW condition, aka currently in annual…

The current market has brought every bucket of bolts to the surface… including in the Brand B world.

Select wisely…

Best regards,

-a-

I see your point.  I would prefer a airworthy high time engine Mooney with decent paint and interior.  Instruments and avionics maybe original. 

1 hour ago, AKRAY said:

I see your point.  I would prefer a airworthy high time engine Mooney with decent paint and interior.  Instruments and avionics maybe original. 

All things considered, the airplane Alan has for sale right now may be your best bet:

• 3 months later...
On 7/4/2021 at 7:51 AM, carusoam said:

he current market has brought every bucket of bolts to the surface… including in the Brand B world

Hi, just curious please if you can elaborate. I’m also wanting to purchase my first plane, preferably a 201J. At the same time, I’ve been wondering where the plane market is these days. Thank you. 

7 minutes ago, WildBlue said:

Hi, just curious please if you can elaborate. I’m also wanting to purchase my first plane, preferably a 201J. At the same time, I’ve been wondering where the plane market is these days. Thank you. 

the current capital goods market is at all time highs…

Prices for everything haven’t been any higher…. Have a look at the housing market… for a simple comparison of something you are possibly familiar with already…

Call it a sellers market.

To add to the challenges… shops are really busy… Covid has put a dent in things…

The good news…. You are looking to purchase a Mooney….   Successful people own Mooneys…

Expect these challenges to be just another bump in the road…

Make it happen!

PP thoughts only, not a plane sales guy…

Go Mooney!

:)

Best regards,

-a-

9 hours ago, WildBlue said:

I purchased a 1965 M20C which I am restoring.  IO-360 is being overhauled at Zephyr engines (KZP) now.  Finding a bird that is turn key will be challenging.  it is $$$$$$$$$ that makes them fly.