New Site Updates (7/2/2021)

mooniac58

Hello all!

A few days back I decided to upgrade to the newest version of our forum software (IPBoard) because it addressed a lot of security issues that could not be closed up any other way.  Usually I hold off on updates on any device/system for a long while because it tends to break things.  Well in this case of course it did just that.  

Apparently it broke the Tapatalk application link as well as messed up a bunch of things in the old theme (what gives the look and feel and user interface to a site) as well.

I fixed the Tapatalk issue yesterday and last night I purchased some new themes for the site and did a hasty setup on them and got them online.  Because of this things look a little different and things have moved around.  If you explore a bit you should be able to find what you are looking for as the theme does not remove the core features it mostly is just styling and layout.

One of the cool new things in this version of the forums is something they call "gamification" - which is basically just a way to give merit to users for posting, visiting often and helping other members out.  You will see little badges next to member names showing this.  There are some other things under the hood that should make the site run smoother as well.

This was a major update for us it brought us to a new "major" version so with this will likely come bugs.  They have already release 2 minor updates since this major release that is only 2 weeks old.  Let me know if you see anything quirky and I can pass it on to the folks at IPBoard.

Also, we now have two identical and clean light/dark themes for the site.  It is easy to switch between these by clicking the moon/light bulb icon at the top right of the site.  We had a dark theme before but it was never really good - I think users that prefer a darker design will like the new one much more. ;) 

EDIT: I also just added a profile field for "Base" which you can now set your home airport ID.  If you look left at my profile you will see "KSAF" for mine.  To set this just click your username at the top of the site, then "Profile" and on the next page click the "Edit Profile" button.

Thank you for your support of these great community!

Craig

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7

Thank you Craig - really appreciate the work you continue to put into this site for everyone’s benefit.

For folks who are still “Basic Members”, highly suggest giving a small amount via PayPal so Craig can continue to fund this for all of us.

Steve

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Smiles201 said:

Like the new look. Will have to pay to be a member or just leave, as the advertising popups have become on obstacle.

At least only $10/year fits into even the tightest CB budget . . . .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
15 hours ago, Rocket 305 said:

It looks like today is another one it isn't working. Is there an almanac for divining when to do 3 letter searches?

The magic… is using Google to do the search of MS…

Drop something like this into Google… see what shows….  mooneyspace cfi

There are optimized ways to do this as well… that can be found by searching for the word Google locally…

Best regards,

-a-