Jeppesen from bad to worse

JeppFD, was really simple to used. It was organized really well for instrument flying. ForeFlight has so much crap on it it can become challenging to go between multiple charts quickly. You could used JeppFD and just stay on one page, Arrival and departure. Almost the difference between Garmin 1000 and Collins PL21. Both great units, one just had more gimmicks. 
ForeFlight is an awesome platform as well. I’m glad they keep adding professional tools to the AP
-Matt

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, LANCECASPER said:

Why continue to support both?

Because the European version of FF is not (yet) up to the task.  FYI, Jepp charts (VFR & IFR) for western Europe costs about $ 1100 per year.  I guess FF doesn’t come for free ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Airways said:

If you think their customer service was the worst they ever produced, think again:  Kaboom

I saw this the other day.  I was surprised, but shouldn't have been.  JeppFD has always been a simple and easy to use App.  One of my reasons for using it was for the Jepp Enroute Charts.  Looks like they'll be gone now, too.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Because the European version of FF is not (yet) up to the task.  FYI, Jepp charts (VFR & IFR) for western Europe costs about $ 1100 per year.  I guess FF doesn’t come for free ?

Garmin Pilot supports international flying quite well but I haven't used it Europe, just North & Central America and Asia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Jeppesen has all the European navdata you can dream of, for whatever Garmin unit you have in your panel.  But I wouldn’t call it “reasonable”when talking about pricing.  If you want to get rid of EAD and focus solely on Jepp then you can consider Garmin Pilot on iPad, Foreflight or a whole new GPS à la gtn750xi.  Again, all of Europe is covered…

• Thanks 1