Fair price to expect on a 1966E

ELT

Hi 

I am considering selling my 1966 E. 3300TT, 190 smoh fwf by Aero engines of Winchester, 250 on factory new prop, no damage history, G430W, speed mods, adsb in/out, good 6 paint/interior, bladders, older engine analyzer and King silver crown audio panel and com, G496 May annual and some goodies.

Vref 59k,  Mooney appraisal 69k.

Any constructive input will be appreciated.  I am considering listing with a broker due to bad experience selling my last airplane.

thanks

Yes, I did use price guide.  Vref .was 59k and Mooney Flyer guide was 69k.  Quite a difference so I am looking at real world price.  The suggestion to ask high and negotiate down is good if I were a sales oriented person.

thanks

Yes, I did use price guide.  Vref .was 59k and Mooney Flyer guide was 69k.  Quite a difference so I am looking at real world price.  The suggestion to ask high and negotiate down is good if I were a sales oriented person.
thanks

There’s a price guide put out by a well known Mooney dealer (All American Aircraft), I think this would be the best guide, but you have to request it by email to Jimmy Garrison, I couldn’t find the thread where he announced it, maybe another MS can point to it.
Last time I used other guides they seemed out of date.

If you want to get out of ownership, I’d say put it for $79k and see what happens..  if someone offered me $100k for my F, I doubt I would take it.   I think most owners are probably thinking the same, this the short supply.    If you want to buy another plane after selling, better ask more, because you’ll have to pay more

Edited by Browncbr1

On 7/1/2021 at 3:15 PM, ELT said:

Hi 

I am considering selling my 1966 E. 3300TT, 190 smoh fwf by Aero engines of Winchester, 250 on factory new prop, no damage history, G430W, speed mods, adsb in/out, good 6 paint/interior, bladders, older engine analyzer and King silver crown audio panel and com, G496 May annual and some goodies.

Vref 59k,  Mooney appraisal 69k.

Any constructive input will be appreciated.  I am considering listing with a broker due to bad experience selling my last airplane.

thanks

The extras that add money that may not not be well represented in the appraisals are the low time engine and prop and especially the bladders, in my opinion, the older the airplane, the more the bladders are worth, again an opinion.

‘I would say with all that, that your airplane is worth more than most of its 1966 contemporaries, it’s the how much extra is the issue.

I bought my J a few months ago, sold by owner, he listed it in one of the less well known sites, wasn’t listed maybe for more than a couple of days before I set an appointment to come see it, and I came within a day. We agreed on a price that day and a time for the pre-buy done at his mechanics hanger but done with me watching. However I knew the IA well.

Anyway I was told by the IA that the owner had a couple of offers at full price. sight unseen, but as he had already entered into a Gentleman’s agreement he was honoring it. I’ve known the IA for years so I knew it wasn’t BS.

I sold our boat late last year, used a Broker as I didn’t want to mess with it, but as it had a lot of complex systems, I ended up having to show the boat, and of course operate it during the sea trial, answer all questions the purchaser had etc.

So really all I got from paying the Broker 10K was they advertised it on Yacht world, I even wrote the advertisement as the boat had a lot of complex systems 

So, maybe rethink the going through a Broker. Now if they have a nice fancy hanger to put it in to show it etc., then maybe as an airplane in real nice settings does show better.

I tend to lean more towards 80 than 60, these are unusual times, and frankly 80 is an inexpensive airplane and just based solely on your description, yours is an unusual airplane for its age, not many put that kind of money in a older airplane,bladders,fresh engine and prop as well as avionics cost a bunch

Edited by A64Pilot