GI 275 Software update 2.32 - Brings GPSS/HDG toggle to top menu level. Works perfectly!! Finally!!!!

Fly_M20R

GI 275 software 2.32. upgrade installed and showing very easy access to the GPSS vs HDG toggle function for the Autopilot. It is now in the first menu level rather than three levels deep.

I did not install the alternative option which is a physical panel switch since I wanted to try the software option first. Since the software option works quite well I do not think I will be installing the switch. Need to make more flights in IMC and busy ATC with interspersed deviations to make final assessment. However, based on this flight it appears I will stay with the software option.

There were no glitches whatsoever. Easy to toggle even in busy ATC airspace. GI 275 performed excellently as in the past including an RNAV approach.

Very happy with the change!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Fly_M20R said:

GI 275 software 2.32. upgrade installed and showing very easy access to the GPSS vs HDG toggle function for the Autopilot. It is now in the first menu level rather than three levels deep.

I did not install the alternative option which is a physical panel switch since I wanted to try the software option first. Since the software option works quite well I do not think I will be installing the switch. Need to make more flights in IMC and busy ATC with interspersed deviations to make final assessment. However, based on this flight it appears I will stay with the software option.

There were no glitches whatsoever. Easy to toggle even in busy ATC airspace. GI 275 performed excellently as in the past including an RNAV approach.

Very happy with the change!!!

Thanks for doing that - did you happen to gather any information about that external switch?  What it is - how much work it would be to install it?

Although yeah your movie shows well its not so bad with just the software improvement.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, aviatoreb said:

Thanks for doing that - did you happen to gather any information about that external switch?  What it is - how much work it would be to install it?

Although yeah your movie shows well its not so bad with just the software improvement.

Thank you!

I will find out and see if I obtain a good estimate from my shop.

• Like 1

I'm glad to see that the heading bug on the HSI is controlled by the inner knob since that mode is used the most, but what is the procedure for changing the course on the HSI? The auto-slew also looks to be a great feature.

10 minutes ago, flyboy0681 said:

I'm glad to see that the heading bug on the HSI is controlled by the inner knob since that mode is used the most, but what is the procedure for changing the course on the HSI? The auto-slew also looks to be a great feature.

What is auto-slew?

38 minutes ago, flyboy0681 said:

To change the course on the HSI or HSI Map all you have to do is tap on the CRS field and it becomes the active field for changes done by the small knob.  To return to the HDG default you either tap the HDG field after changing the CRS or wait for a time out (20 sec?) to go back to default. 

On the ADI the default is barometric pressure. To change the altitude bug tap on the ALT field. You can also change the HDG field on the ADI by tapping on it. 

5 minutes ago, flyboy0681 said:

The course on the HSI automatically changes to the next waypoint. Watch the pointer starting at 8:39

Flyboy is on it!! In an analog HSI one has to manually change the CRS at each new course annunciated by the GPS navigator (530 in my case). With the GI 275 HSI the 530 will command the course change to the 275 and it will do it for you. If on autopilot the autopilot will then follow the new course if on NAV, GPSS, or APR modes. 

:)

• Like 1

On 6/30/2021 at 10:34 PM, aviatoreb said:

I checked with my shop and estimated at most 3 hrs of labor to install. Could be closer to 2 if there are no "surprises".

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fly_M20R said:

I checked with my shop and estimated at most 3 hrs of labor to install. Could be closer to 2 if there are no "surprises".

Thanks!  So that’s not much of a panel surgery. Do you know anything about what the hardware is?

Thanks, Just got both 275's installed and opted for the switch (below stormscope).  So far so good, have only had a hour since install so your video helps quite a bit.

Going to go out after the weekend when things will be a bit more quiet.

Panel.JPG

16 hours ago, aviatoreb said:

Thanks!  So that’s not much of a panel surgery. Do you know anything about what the hardware is?

Easiest would be a toggle switch as per Stan's panel picture.  

14 hours ago, Stan said:

Thanks, Just got both 275's installed and opted for the switch (below stormscope).  So far so good, have only had a hour since install so your video helps quite a bit.

Going to go out after the weekend when things will be a bit more quiet.

Panel.JPG

Thank you for sharing the new installation picture!

Enjoy your flight!