Looking for Hangar at KFNL (Northern Colorado Regional)

Currently hangared at GXY (in Greeley) but would like to eventually get to FNL (Fort Collins/Loveland) long term (much closer to house).  If any of you have leads on an open hangar please let me know.  Currently they only have openings for $500K commercial condo hangars being built and the T-hangar wait list looks to be closed for some time.  (MODS: if this forum was only for listing hangars for sale, feel free to delete)

Thanks,

Marc.

Edited by Marc_B
add msg to moderator & clarification

Marc,

The moderators have taken a vacation…

You may want to add a word or two to your title…

Looking for a….   

Throw in the words  Fort Collins… to keep people from having to look it up…   :)

there is an edit function hidden up by the title looks like this   …

Best regards,

-a-

4 hours ago, carusoam said:

Throw in the words  Fort Collins… to keep people from having to look it up…   

OTOH, if you don't know where FNL and GXY are, maybe you can't help? :huh:

Only kidding. You might have friends near Loveland/Fort Collins or Greeley, CO without knowing the airport identifiers.

So, @Marc_B, how's the smell in Greeley this hot, hot summer? More importantly, is the Barnstormer still doing a bang-up business?

Edited by midlifeflyer

• Marc_B changed the title to Looking for Hangar at KFNL (Northern Colorado Regional)

@midlifeflyer I’m actually having breakfast at Barnstormers as I type. Greeley is Greeley. Feed lot just east of the airport. As my dad always said, “Smells like money.” Ha ha

@carusoam I figured (maybe incorrectly) that airport identifier would be more specific than looking for a hangar near Fort Collins. Too bad 3V5 Fort Collins Airpark isn’t still open!  Listing edited to clarify.

marc. 

• Thanks 1

The feedlots at KGXY make instrument approaches there safer.  No need for GPS waypoints, just level off when you smell the ripeness.  :D

Note that I'm only 90% joking about this.  When my airplane partner fails every GPS and moving map in the airplane and asks me to fly the VOR-A approach from GLL, I fully expect to smell the feedlot as the clock ticks up to the MAP time.

@Marc_B, I unfortunately don't have a good line on a KFNL hangar for you, but I'd be happy to fly over from KLMO one day and meet you at the Barnstormer to chat.  Always glad to meet another Mooney owner.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Curious if any of you have any idea how these types of aviation communities get created?

https://www.skyhavenofaurora.com/index.html

Long story short, KFNL - Northern Colorado Regional - has been working to establish permanent remote tower without radar control and eventually move to Class D airspace.  The airport has been trying to grow commercial traffic.  Not quite the same support of GA traffic.  Hangar space in all of Northern Colorado is horribly lacking.  Seems like an aviation community with heated hangars, wifi, bathrooms, etc would be VERY WELL received at KFNL (supporting Fort Collins, Loveland, Greeley, Longmont, Cheyenne, etc).  But not sure of the finances and logistics involved and who usually develops these ventures.  Currently KFNL is putting in large office/condo hangars at a cost of over $500-700k that prices out all GA pilots pretty much.  Came across Sky Haven from another MS post regarding YouTube's 310 Pilot and selling his plane/hangar and thought, "man, this is exactly what I'd like to see at KFNL!"  ...is this the same sentiment as "man, it would be cool to see a turboprop Mooney!"??? ha ha.

Just bored and daydreaming and about to head into work...  Happy Holidays!

marc.

Marc,

There is a thread around here where somebody has gone through the effort of building and selling hangars…

I think in the Florida area…

it takes about three things…

1) Money

2) knowledge

3) Expertise

Don’t spend one without all the others…

It takes practice to get it right…

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1