My first airplane

Lisa

I bought my first airplane, a 1975 Mooney M20C. It is a very pretty plane. But it is out of annual  about 3 years. I have to get a Special Flight Permit so the guy that has the shop can fly it to his airport for the annual and a few things we think should get done before flying it home. 

My first airplane is a Mooney. I feel as if I am bragging just saying that. 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Lisa said:

I bought my first airplane, a 1975 Mooney M20C. It is a very pretty plane.

Congratulations! My first plane was a 1970 M20-C. It is a very versatile and fun plane!

Fix yours up right, get good transition training from a Mooney-knowledgeable CFI, and enjoy!! Fly safe . . . .

@Lisa  Welcome aboard.  You will enjoy your new plane.  Hopefully you have been lurking around here for a while reading about purchasing an airplane and you have researched the topic.  My first plane was a 1964 M20E hence my Mooney Space MS handle.

Good luck I'm always glad to see an older underutilized plane get some TLC and back into the air.  Fly safe, well and often once you get it cleaned up.  Post some PICS or you really didn't buy one. :D

Congrats Lisa!

The M20C is a perfect plane for first time ownership… a 75C is nearly a modern Mooney!

Consider getting some Transition Training to cover all the small details that are Mooney specific…

We have a list of Mooney CFIs around here…  just about one in every state…

There is something special about M20C owners… :)

Go Mooney!

Best regards,

-a-

Congrats. If you haven’t already done it, det started on the ferry permit ASAP. It took a few weeks to get mine to the front of the queue.  I was in your shoes in late Feb and it took 2-3 weeks to get it (super fast once the ASI got to it, just that they’re backlogged). Also, the process is changed as of Jan 2021, so even your IA might not be familiar with the new process (it’s online now). 

• Like 1

On 6/22/2021 at 12:04 PM, Lisa said:

I bought my first airplane, a 1975 Mooney M20C. It is a very pretty plane. But it is out of annual  about 3 years. I have to get a Special Flight Permit so the guy that has the shop can fly it to his airport for the annual and a few things we think should get done before flying it home. 

My first airplane is a Mooney. I feel as if I am bragging just saying that. 

I feel the same way