Pulse Oximeter - sale at Costco.com this week

17 minutes ago, Parker_Woodruff said:

If you fly at higher altitudes, consider Costco's sale this week on a Pulse Oximeter.  $8 off (Not sure if membership is required for the discount).

https://www.costco.com/homedics-premium-pulse-oximeter.product.100688011.html

I thought membership was required to get in the door...

5 minutes ago, RobertGary1 said:

Anyone tried the Apple Watch one?  Considering upgrading to the 6 to get the o2 sats reading. Any pireps on it?

A little finicky. Not as simple to get a quick read. Has to be positioned correctly high on the wrist. Seems to be accurate-ish relative to a traditional finger clamp.  Better than nothing, not the best. 

10 hours ago, RobertGary1 said:

Anyone tried the Apple Watch one?  Considering upgrading to the 6 to get the o2 sats reading. Any pireps on it?

Yes, I purchased the Apple Watch just for that purpose instead of Garmin, it’s near useless in the plane, just the slight vibration causes it to not work.

1 hour ago, Danb said:

Yes, I purchased the Apple Watch just for that purpose instead of Garmin, it’s near useless in the plane, just the slight vibration causes it to not work.

I got an o2 sat ring that is a dedicated o2 sat device and it alarms vibrates noticeably abs works well.

if you replace the www.amazon.com/xxxxx with smile.amazon.com/xxxxx, you can donate 1/2 of one percent of your purchases to a charity of your choice. 

Shameless plug....select Mooney Summit, Inc. as your charity to help keep the coffers topped for when we might need to assist a Mooney family member.

So far, we receive about 100$ every quarter from Mr. Bezos, and I personally want to thank each of you who help by taking the time to order using amazon smile

Thanks

• Like 1

5 hours ago, aviatoreb said:

I got an o2 sat ring that is a dedicated o2 sat device and it alarms vibrates noticeably abs works well.

Erik I’m having the pulse ox/ carbon meter installed. I also have the sensocore portable 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Danb said:

Erik I’m having the pulse ox/ carbon meter installed. I also have the sensocore portable 

Very good Dan.  Does the installed unit have the ability to monitor you full time and alarm if it detects your sats below acceptable?

No, you have to put your finger in, which I’m accustomed to do about 5 minutes above 8,000. The carbon obviously is continuous. Mooney doesn’t have the ability to put the alerts on the G1000, surprise. But most other units do. Therefore I’m using bluetooth to my IPADS and  IPHONE, I’ll still monitor with backups 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mike_elliott said:

if you replace the www.amazon.com/xxxxx with smile.amazon.com/xxxxx, you can donate 1/2 of one percent of your purchases to a charity of your choice. 

Shameless plug....select Mooney Summit, Inc. as your charity to help keep the coffers topped for when we might need to assist a Mooney family member.

So far, we receive about 100$ every quarter from Mr. Bezos, and I personally want to thank each of you who help by taking the time to order using amazon smile

Thanks

Done! Thanks I had no idea...

7 hours ago, Fasterthanmycherokee said:

Does anyone have an issue with the finger style not reading with cold hands? 

I bet there is a limit to its accuracy if the blood stops flowing to your fingertips…

There may be environmental information that comes with your device… it probably gives a temp range that it works in…

PP thoughts only, not a physician…

Best regards,

-a-

All pulse oximeters have that issue with poor perfusion (the “pulse” in pulse ox). Some of the more expensive ones do better than others. Ear and nose probes often work well in low perfusion states but it would be awkward in an airplane. I usually just put my hand in my pocket to warm it (or you could put it under your armpit if you want).

Physician thoughts only, not a PP...

(sorry, @carusoam. I’ve always wanted to do that). 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ilovecornfields said:

All pulse oximeters have that issue with poor perfusion (the “pulse” in pulse ox). Some of the more expensive ones do better than others. Ear and nose probes often work well in low perfusion states but it would be awkward in an airplane. I usually just put my hand in my pocket to warm it (or you could put it under your armpit if you want).

Physician thoughts only, not a PP...

(sorry, @carusoam. I’ve always wanted to do that). 

That’s very interesting, there have been times when it’s taken forever to get a reading on my pulse ox and I figured it was a hardware issue but maybe it’s due to this?