Hot prop sealant

BMcKee

6 minutes ago, N201MKTurbo said:

If you look in the McCauley install and owners manuals, they have That information. They have everything on line, so go look it up,

If you publish your propeller model number, maybe we can help.

https://mccauley.txtav.com

Thanks for the quick reply. I will look it up. I will get the model number next trip to the hangar but it will be several days. 

Looks like a big ol Top Oiled Lycoming under the hood, an there is only one McCauley propeller TC’ed for that engine.

That would be the C417.

BF Goodrich Sells some small containers of Conductive Cement for Boot edge dressing that works well in that area.

• Thanks 1

You need BF Goodrich A56B conductive edge cement.  Available in small cans with a built in brush.  Clean everything well, mask the blades to match the remaining material.  Brush on the cement peeling the tape off as you go, if you let the cement dry before pulling th tapes you won’t get a smooth edge.

Clarence

17 hours ago, Cody Stallings said:

Looks like a big ol Top Oiled Lycoming under the hood, an there is only one McCauley propeller TC’ed for that engine.

That would be the C417.

BF Goodrich Sells some small containers of Conductive Cement for Boot edge dressing that works well in that area.

That is truly amazing you got all that info from just the picture above. I still need to get my prop dynamically balanced. When will you be doing another  one of your prop balance clinics in the DFW area Cody?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Will.iam said:

That is truly amazing you got all that info from just the picture above. I still need to get my prop dynamically balanced. When will you be doing another  one of your prop balance clinics in the DFW area Cody?

I’m really Not sure to be honest, It will be cooler fall temps when I do though.

• Like 1